Pebble Launches Full Version Of Appstore For Android

A great news for all Android users comes as the smartwatch maker Pebble on friday, officially released the full version its app store for Android devices. Pebble 2.0 launch happens just a month after the company had launched its appstore for iOS devices. In addition to its official appstore, Pebble has packed its updated Android app with goodies like a completely revamped and improved user interface, a watchapp locker, pebble watchapp directory and a list of prior notifications that gets stored on the Pebble smartwatch. The Pebble watchapp directory allows users to browse, find and install the latest watchapps. As all of us need few apps right on our finger tips. Hence, the appstore offers Watchapp locker which will keep track of your favorite apps and manage the apps on your pebble.

Pebble_Launches_Full_Version_Of_Appstore_For_Android_01

Now that Pebble for Android 2.0 is available, all you need to do is update the app. This will not only automatically update your smartwatch but will also fetch you the appstore. This appstore is laid out in different sections for apps and watchfaces and has subsections under apps for Tools & Utilities, Notifications, Remotes, Fitness, Games and “Daily” applications. One major disadvantage for multiple smartwatch users is that this release supports only single Pebble watch. However, Pebble has promised to soon add support in a future release.

#-Link-Snipped-#​

Unlike the iOS version that came with few highlight partner apps from Yelp, Foursquare, Mercedes and GoPro. Similarly this new Android launch brings some new partner software, including apps by eBay, Evernote and Time Warner Cable. The new eBay app allows users to follow eBay product feeds, and find stuff to order on their wrist. Users can then send the things they are interested in to their Watch List with a simple button press, so that they can buy them later using their smartphone. Evernote gives you access to Checklists, Reminders and Notebooks on your wrist, with two-way interactivity so that you can tick off items on a grocery list, in addition to being able to review notes. TWC’s app makes it so that customers can control their connected smart home from their wrist, including setting the temperature and setting home and away modes.

#-Link-Snipped-#​

Now that all the app’s bugs are fixed so Pebble users on any platform can enjoy a seamless and delightful experience of this newly launched full version of its app. So if you own a pebble, quickly go ahead and download the latest version. for non-pebble users I would suggest you to check out the Original Pebble or the Pebble Steel smartwatch which the company unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in January. You can add information regarding this new version and also Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Source: Pebble 2.0 software and app store now available for Android - The Verge

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The speedfan measures for my laptop HD0: 52C Temp 1:77 C Core 0:76 C Core 1:76 C Can anyone please tell me what should be the ideal temperatures and what...
Remember the first time you heard the term "smartwatch"? What did you think? Definitely something straight from a James Bond/Sci-Fi movie such as a watch that could double up as...
i have three files among which i have stored the following information: --------------------------------------------------------------- File1.txt contains following: 101 Harry Amritsar Punjab --------------------------------------------------------------- Flie2.txt contains following: 102 Max Chandigarh Punjab 101 Mac...
If anyone of you are using Ubuntu 13.10 then kindly show me the screenshot of Settings -> Universal Access. Thanks. It's urgent.
The Persona Sign-In System from Mozilla was not much known and couldn’t create buzz in the tech world. You are apparently not the only one who does not know anything...