Peak shaving generators

Hello, i want to design a peak shaving system. I want to have a circuit that can be able to start/stop and connect/disconnect a generator when there is a peak demand. it must be able to sense the load and then automatically start and connect a generator to the grid to meet the demand.

Need help.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Replies

• ssembo
    ssembo
    Guys, i need your response. PLease
  • freak16
    freak16
    i think it can be done by keeping an eye on frequency.
    If frequency goes down it means load is increasing so we can define a range below which if frequency goes down then a command is triggered to start another unit.
    A computer programme in microcontroller can conrol everything..
    Do redress me..
  • Arp
    Arp
    freak is right..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The architects at Sauerbruch Hutton, Germany have built the world’s most energy efficient glass tower using “pressure ring facade”. The architecture incorporated the façade design developed in 1990s which managed...
Harmonics, in today’s scenario, is the first and fore most cause of pollution in the electrical power systems. Now having known this, let us now try to understand what harmonics...
hese days there are various course options available in engineering/ technical insitutions of repute. along with core engg such as mechanical/elect/civil/chemical, you have biotech, biochemical,earth sciences,also some dual degree courses....
High voltage insulation testing is one of the crucial diagnostic test to be performed before any electrical installation. This is necessary to ensure the safety of the people and preventive...
I'm having a debate in what I want to major in college. I love computers and it's killing me because I don't know what to choose between computer science and...