Paypal India User Agreement Changes From March 1

Looks like Paypal and RBI aren't going well together. Earlier, Paypal had to stop payments to individuals in India which was later lifted. Now, Paypal has come up with following changes to its user agreement policy applicable to users in India -

With effect from 1 March 2011, you are required to comply with the requirements set out in the notification of the Reserve Bank of India governing the processing and settlement of export-related receipts facilitated by online payment gateways ("RBI Guidelines").

In order to comply with the RBI Guidelines, our user agreement in India will be amended for the following services as follows:
  1. Any balance in and all future payments into your PayPal account may not be used to buy goods or services and must be transferred to your bank account in India within 7 days from the receipt of confirmation from the buyer in respect of the goods or services; and
  2. Export-related payments for goods and services into your PayPal account may not exceed US$500 per transaction.
We seek your understanding as we continue to employ our best efforts to comply with the RBI Guidelines in a timely manner.

What do you think about these changes?

Replies

• Gopan Kombiyil
    Gopan Kombiyil
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gopan Kombiyil
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Why not voice your opinion in this thread, Gopan? 😀
  • Gopan Kombiyil
    Gopan Kombiyil
    Just because i already expressed my thoughts, but if its against the forum rules i will remove it and post some extracts here 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Port Scanner Worm Hello Does anyone know any kind of virus or worm that after infecting a computer in a Lan, the worm can go through other computers or at...
Toshiba does manufacture great laptops, but for some reason or the other, they fail to impress an average consumer. I think that is the reason why Toshiba is not a...
Taking a bold stance against ragging, the National Institute of Technology (VNIT) put behind bars six of its final year students of Mechanical Branch who were found guilty of ragging...
Hello friends, 'SPANDAN 2011' is a National Level Conference & Poster Exihibition is organized by Electronics Engineering department, YCCE, on the 17th and 18th of February, 2011. The conference is...
Watch this video to find out: [video=youtube;AxG1kM4HOlU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxG1kM4HOlU[/video]