Patricia, started with 50p now earns 2 Lakh a day

If you have strong determination no one can stop you to achieve what you want?

chennai: There were many hurdles on Patricia Narayan's way to become an entrepreneur. She has overcome all the hurdles and has bagged this year's 'FICCI Women Entrepreneur of the Year.' Now she is the owner of 'Sandeepha' brand of restaurant chain.

She started her career 30 years ago as an entrepreneur, selling eateries from a mobile cart on the Marina beach amidst all troubles - battling a failed marriage, coping with her husband, a multiple addict, and taking care of two kids,

Patricia never thought of becoming an entrepreneur, it was all accidental. She was always passionate about cooking and crazy about trying out new dishes.

"But my marriage changed everything. Both the families opposed the marriage vehemently as my husband belonged to the Brahmin community; unfortunately my marriage did not work out as my husband was addicted to alcohol, drugs, etc. I could not bring him out of the addiction. As a young woman, I did not know how to cope with this and I was getting beaten up everyday," recalls Patricia.

Her father forgave her and gave refuge when shehad nowhere to go. She was thrown out with two very small children. It was a question of survival for her and she decided to fight all the obstacles. She started making pickles, squashes and jams at home with a couple of hundred rupees that she took from her mother. She sold everything in one day and that gave her confidence in her way to become an entrepreneur. It gave her more income and she started investing more to make more pickles, squashes and jams.

Patricia's father's friend, who was running a school for handicapped children, was handing out mobile carts or kiosks to people who would employ at least two handicapped people. They needed somebody who could run it and I was offered one such cart free. She had to train the handicapped children to make coffee and serve them to customers.

"As I lived near the Marina beach, I decided to put the mobile cart at the Anna Square on the Marina beach. I had seen people thronging the beach in the evenings. But I had to make umpteen trips to the Public Works Department and wait for one year to get the permission," recalled Patricia.

"While such carts sold only tea and cigarettes, I decided to sell cutlets, samosas, bajjis, fresh juice and coffee and tea. On the first day, June 21, 1982, I sold only one cup of coffee and that was for fifty paise," she recalled.

source :- #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    This shows with determination if you try any job or work YOU will definitely succeed.So the secret behind this lady's work is sincere dedication and true Passion which brought her everything today!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BSNL (& MTNL) haven't been able to do much with early allotment of the 3G spectrum by government. BSNL has asked DoT for a full refund of INR. 10,186.58 crore...
I am going to take admission in 1st year of engineering this year. I am interested in pursuing engineering in Computer related field, but confused as there are many branches...
Hi this is Tejaswini from Nagpur, India. Glad to be with engineers from all over the world. ๐Ÿ˜
Microsoft's Project Natal is now officially called 'Microsoft Kinect', USA Today revealed. The trend started by Nintendo with its gaming console, WII has entered into next phase. Project NATAL (Kinect)...
The IT services major company, Cognizant Pune, is now charging for facilities it should otherwise provide to employees for free. The employees will now have to pay Rs. 25/- per...