patran beam-rod joint

Hi!
how do i have to set a joint between a cbeam and a rod to obtain a right behaviour of the system when under bending deformation?
i'm trying with MPC RBE2 but the rod doesn't work fine...only its last element bends..the rest deforms in a linear way but without following the direction of the beam bending
thanks

Replies

• g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    tillo
    Hi!
    how do i have to set a joint between a cbeam and a rod to obtain a right behaviour of the system when under bending deformation?
    i'm trying with MPC RBE2 but the rod doesn't work fine...only its last element bends..the rest deforms in a linear way but without following the direction of the beam bending
    thanks
    either you can use interferance fit between C section beam & rod. or use surface contact at the surface.

Actuaaly loading & constrains also affect the bending & behaviour of system under loading.

can you please elborate more like which kind of analysis it is & loading condition, constrains etc.?

may be I can help you...
  • tillo
    tillo
    hi!
    thanks!

i'm trying to modellize the mast of a sailboat.
    i'm using a cbeam with a rectangular section for mast,boom and crosstrees and rod for all the ropes.
    The mast is fixed at the bottom,the boom can rotate around it and the crostrees are fixed to the mast.
    All the ropes have free rotations on the junctions at the bottom with the boat and on the ones on the mast.
    There are some beam-rod junctions at the end of the rod element and some at half-lenght of the rod.
    The mast bends on two directions but has no torsion.
    There will be even the sails but now i'm trying to work with a force on the top of the mast bending it.
    I'm not able to obtain a deformation of the rods that "follows" the bending of the mast..only the final part of the rod deforms to follow the beam is linked with

[​IMG]
    mast is black,boom is purple,crosstrees are green and ropes are yellow

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz guide me friends...plz tell me i am new to php but i want to do mini project in php tell me some topics and tell me some books to...
guys i have so many doubts i will ask those in a regular manner.....I like crazyengineers so much .It will satisfy my all my technical starvation. My first doubt actually...
actually .gif animations are not working in linux as in windows.why is it so? what is the reason beyond that?And if possible how .gif works?
sir i need to know which colleges are good for MBA and MCA courses ie wrt placement activities in BANGALORE
first class engineering degree means either we have to take the aggregate of all or as it is awarded in degree certificate:smile: