CrazyEngineers
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819

MemberAug 4, 2008

partitioning hard disk

hello all..
    actually when i partitioned my hard disk i made a 6 gb partition for Windows..But as i installed .net platform and sql server..and many other applications which i needed..I found that this partition was running out of space...I have a partition of 2gb and 10 gb..lying unused...is there any way i can repartition or add some more gb's to this partition without re installing windows and all ??
    i just need the space in this partition to be increased without deleting any of the pre installed apllication in the partition!!

suggest me something !!
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 4, 2008

Yes you can.

Which version of Windows are you using? If its XP/Vista -

Right Click on 'My Computer' -> Manage -> Disk Management

Do all the partition editing there. Make sure you move your data to some safe place before you mess with your HD.

Let me know if you need further information.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • ankur8819

MemberAug 4, 2008

Its Windows Xp...sp2!!! i m tr\ying it out..will let you know if something..unexpected happens 😛!!!!
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 4, 2008

ankur8819
    Its Windows Xp...sp2!!! i m tr\ying it out..will let you know if something..unexpected happens 😛!!!!
    Go ahead with WinXP. Just backup your data before you do anything.
    Cancel
  • ankur8819

MemberAug 4, 2008

hey i opened this disk management option ..but i don't find any option to add up some space to a drive ... !!!
    Cancel
  • kychia

MemberAug 4, 2008

Hi Ankur8819,
    Personally, when I encounter partitioning problems, I'll use "Acronis Disk Director 10". It's not a freeware, but it does its job well...including cloning and data migration.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 4, 2008

ankur8819
    hey i opened this disk management option ..but i don't find any option to add up some space to a drive ... !!!
    Alright. Go to Right Click on 'My Computer' -> Manage -> Disk Management and then delete the unused partition(s).

Once you see free disk space, you can resize the current partition without having to worry about data loss.
    Cancel
  • xero

MemberAug 7, 2008

use, norton's partitionmagic 😀
    normal windows tools are incapable of serving your requirements
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberAug 7, 2008

As a free alternative, you can also try GParted. I've used it for all my partitioning needs (resize, create, edit, etc) 😀

Download the GParted Live CD ISO file from here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Burn it on a blank CD and boot your computer with it 😀
    Cancel
  • mata

MemberAug 17, 2008

Can any1 plz explain why we need do partitioning ?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register