Part Time Income Through Freelancing

Freelancing seems to be growing industry in developing countries like India, Philippines, Pakistan, Nepal and in the middle east as well. Freelancing is mostly about selling your skills and abilities to execute smaller projects. There are lot of freelancers who make a significant sum ( ~ $1000 /month ) working part time.

The variety of jobs available on freelancing sites is mind boggling and I'm sure those who're looking to make extra bucks by doing something constructive in their free times. Has anyone thought of a part-time career in freelancing?

If you have questions about this - ask them here. Others will definitely answer them.

Replies

• *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    I've done work on blogs, forums etc. I also did SEO work & graphical designing too. I was on shared server but then i could not continue my work due to lack of time & money. I'll start it again soon whenever i find it suitable.

Well, i've added these skills in my cv and interviewer always get impressed.
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    I used to play MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) named World Of warcraft on private server ... In order to secure player's account they wanted to create software named "Authenticator" for iOS & Androids ..... They were literally paying 500$ if you develop iOS Authenticator & Gingerbread Authenticator ....... So this draw my attention & desire of freelance app developing.
    Once, i educate myself with Java & xml ... I am surely looking forward to app developing.

I am eager to know which are other ways apart from Adsense, app developing & blogging for freelancers to gain side income.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# There can be multiple ways of gaining a part-time income depending on the skills you have. For example, you can start coaching, sell an ebook, proof-read for others, do editing, design graphics etc.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If some one have skills of Java, Android, java scripting
    Any site reference ? Where should we actually start with?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    If some one have skills of Java, Android, java scripting
    Any site reference ? Where should we actually start with?
    There are a TON of websites. ODesk, Freelancer, RentACoder and on. Just make a search on Google and you'll be presented with a list of 100 websites. The top ones are usually the most preferred ones.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    BetterThanBefore
    I am eager to know which are other ways apart from Adsense, app developing & blogging for freelancers to gain side income.
    Adsense isn't for the freelancers. Generating a decent income from Adsense requires a LOT of patience and strategy.

On the other hand, freelancing is basically about selling your skill. If you can code in Java; you could help a company fix their Java related issue and they'll pay you. If you can develop wordpress theme, you can offer your services as a freelancer. If you are good at CAD design, you can do so etc.

Freelancing websites mentioned above are the good ones to start with. I'm even told that there are companies formed out of the projects posted on these freelancing websites that earn revenues to the tunes of ~2 million / year.
  • chaitu203
    chaitu203
    the websites u have told are asking for some investment..so tell me the ones which do not ask for initial investment because i can't pay them..i want to work for my family to survive...
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    chaitu203
    the websites u have told are asking for some investment..so tell me the ones which do not ask for initial investment because i can't pay them..i want to work for my family to survive...
    try blogger.com
    Create a blog, make it popular & earn 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    chaitu203
    You sure?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook did perfectly well on the social side of communication. But the moment it wants to enter the professional side of the communications between people - LinkedIn not going to...
When CE started, I thought the world spoke English and adopting it for the sake of all the communication here on CE would bring us lot of engineers. Lately, I've...
Sir i hardly have no idea regarding Smart Notice Board! But i think if i do my final year project on it will also be useful for my college. is...
​Torrents have always been difficult to manage as they must be seeded time and time again to keep them healthy. A torrent download must pass through a secondary gateway on...
Q. Draw an Elephant. Answer: Very simple - without making any assumptions, you see. Here's the elephant drawn -