Parking Search - a big source of fuel wastage

At a busy place, on weekday or weekend have you ever given an effort to search for parking space.
Do you know that fuel wasted for the search of parking is one of the big source of fuel wastage?

S-Oil (Save oil) a South Korea bound company has found a smart way of helping this, check this out.

Not a tech Savy way but definitely a smart way !
I was just thinking that is it possible to give any option in car / bike that will help saving fuel in the search of the parking,

-CG

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Park at nearest available point, where ample parking is available. Use other means (walking if possible) to reach actual destination.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    A.V.Ramani
    Park at nearest available point, where ample parking is available. Use other means (walking if possible) to reach actual destination.
    Not possible always,
    A month back, I have been to a place on Sunday and parking was not available in around a mile area.

we noticed that we tried for 20 minutes to find out a parking slot. fortunately someone went out, and we occupied that place.

-- one better way could be stop taking your car around, I was not hinting towards this method.

Any tech way?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Many of us do it in Bangalore, India. With more than 11 million population (half as much visiting) and a registered 5.5 million motor vehicles, parking is a nightmare.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    In metro cities it will have an nice impact on saving fuel.But I dont think the other people who own a car in other urbanised cities and villages.As Ramani Sir said try a bicycle to reach nearer destination and it will help to check the health
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Car parking is not so easy in metro's and these ballons are so portable that I am not sure how long they will last in the parking spaces in India

Remember the Indian Attitude if it's free then it's mine

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently I was traveling in a domestic air carrier. Weather was thunderous, and there was lightning was happening all around. I was just wondering that what if a high lightning...
Wing and a Prayer (also known as The Story of Carrier X) is a black-and-white 1944 war film about the heroic crew of an American carrier in the desperate early...
Members: lovebox, Conqueror, vishalj, A.V.Ramani, HARSH_92, ankit.412, ssbaghel, vibhuti sharma, Pratik Sanjiv, guptas.sneha, shivangi16, Vishal0203, CrazyGirl, crazyboy, simplycoder, n@v-in, ianoop, lal, rkvasan68, Srijan Mehrotra, VIJAYSY, goyal420 Online now: 913 (members:...
I have undergone an industrial visit to Sugar industry. In Sulphitation area ( In sugar industry), Sugar juice is mixed with SO2 gas. But if it is mixed directly, the...
can you help me please to understand how can I make eye tracking or EEG and How can I make it move my chair to all directions ??