parallel port

hi.........i wanted to know what are the devices that can be interfaced to the parallel port controler of pc and can be controlled using matlab......
Please help.

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    you can control any device provided you can interface it with paralell port and matlab or any other EDA tool should be chosen according to an application,were particularly you want to use parallel port and matlab??
  • Pranjali Desai
    Pranjali Desai
    Thanks for the reply!
    I am doing a project and as of now i am free to chose the field in electronics...so just wanted to learn how hardwere can be controlled using matlab.so any further idea that i can try out?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    sure,you can make a alarm system based on noise detection,matlab will be extensively used here and you can also control required hardware
  • Pranjali Desai
    Pranjali Desai
    sauravgoswami
    sure,you can make a alarm system based on noise detection,matlab will be extensively used here and you can also control required hardware
    Thanks frnd!
    Pls can u give me the details ? actually i tried this site
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    sounds good but seems to be very difficult.
  • Pranjali Desai
    Pranjali Desai
    Thx urgull ......
  • jdumes
    jdumes
    Controlling a relay from the PC's parallel printer port. A solid state relay controlled by one of the parallel port data lines (D0-D7) using a 300 ohm resistor and 5 volt power source. The solid state relay will energize when a "0" is written to the data line. Mechanical relays controlled by two transistors. The relay is energized when a "1" is written to the data line and the relay is energized by writing a "0" to the line. In each of the three circuits, a common connection is made from the negative side of the power supply to one of the port ground pins (18-25).

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • parjanyaroy
    parjanyaroy
    hey all 😀

please provide me the link where i can learn more about this. I have seen my seniors in college work on a project called external control device (ummm .... or something like dat) .... it basically dealt with a C program .... nd had a parallel port linked to a circuit ...

now ...... i know the basics of C nd m quite interested to learn port programming ... can u suggest where to begin ???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am in final year of engineering and need help in preparing a resume for campus interview. I have been doing a lot of research online. Came across a collection...
Hi evrybody.... I am an elecronics student,second yearite from Goa. 😁
hello ,Actually I was installing MySQL 5.0 on my laptop . But the Instance Configuration Screen I receive the error 'Could not start the service MySQL5.Error:0" I have uninstalled and...
Hey folks, here are the winners of the CE Awesome Thread Contest! :clap: Announcements & Article Discussions CEan Kashish0711 for Time Travel - Making Dream A Reality Report on Time...
Read the announcement here - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/25690-winners-ce-awesome-thread-contest.html :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Congratulations to all the winners. You'll be contacted through PM soon