PaperTab : A Tablet With Flexibility Of Paper!

What if the tablet PCs were unbreakable? What if they were as weightless as a sheet of paper? What if you can roll them and put them in your pocket? Sounds too movie-sh? Well, not any more! Researchers at Queen's university along with Plastic Logic and Intel Labs have developed a revolutionary PaperTab which is thin and flexible as a sheet of paper.
The PaperTab sports a 10.7 inch interactive plastic display and a flexible touchscreen developed by Plastic Labs. The tablet is powered by second generation Intel core i5 processor. Instead of opening several windows on a single display, PaperTab uses different displays or PaperTabs for different apps. According to Roel Vertegaal, Director of Human Media Lab, Queen University, “Using several PaperTabs makes it mush easier to work with multiple documents”. Several PaperTabs can be used to make a large display by putting them side by side. All PaperTabs keep track of their locations with respect to other PaperTabs and the user.
#-Link-Snipped-#
 According to Indro Mukerjee, CEO of Plastic Logic, “The flexible display allows a natural human interaction with electronic paper, being lighter, thinner, and more robust compared with today's standard glass-based displays.” The PaperTabs can also be used to file and display multiple documents as they are able to emulate natural handling of papers. The PaperTab was demonstrated at CES 2013 and commercial production is going to start soon. So, be ready to roll and twist with you tablet PC!
via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Scott Kovaleski, Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and his team of researchers at University of Missouri have developed a chewing gum sized, compact radiation source that is capable...
Few years back when I bought my laptop with Intel Core2Duo Processor, I was pretty amazed by the fact that my processor has 2 cores to work with! Time changed...
Everything is made up of energy! And a lot of research is being done to develop new technologies to generate, store and deliver this energy. Superconductors have emerged as very...
Remember the last time you bought an audio CD? I know the answer, who buys CDs in this age of digital music, right? Well, if are a frequent buyer at...
Life isn't fair, too many mails, too less time! People are too busy to check all the emails in their inbox and sometimes they miss out on the important ones....