Paper Computer - Do not reach for the waste paper basket yet

Flexible paper computer 'does everything a smartphone can'

Read more: #-Link-Snipped-#

Quote:
The smartphone prototype — called PaperPhone — is best described as a flexible iPhone. It does everything a smartphone can, such as store books, play music or make phone calls. But its display consists of a 9.5cm diagonal thin-film flexible E Ink display.
‘Everything is going to look and feel like this within five years,’ said Prof Roel Vertegaal, associate professor in human-computer Interaction at Queen’s University, who helped develop the computer. ‘This computer looks, feels and operates like a small sheet of interactive paper. You interact with it by bending it into a cell phone, flipping the corner to turn pages, or writing on it with a pen.’ Endquote

Bioramani

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

draw the three views of the following picture and become a master of competition # 2
I was searching about the most popular forum on the internet. There are just a lot of categories. From what I have seen Anime forums are immensely popular. Anyone has...
Oracle India presents “JavaOne and Oracle Develop” event in Hyderabad during May 10-11, 2011 for connecting Oracle and Java developers.Come and join in learning and experiencing next generation development trends...
Researchers at Sheffield Hallam University are investigating a range of simple engineering solutions that could be used to improve disaster-relief operations. Read more: Researchers seek to enhance disaster-relief operations |...
Hello fellow CEs, i suffered a year back in my 2nd year Engineering (Electrical), and i'm doing my 2nd year course again. I know that it's a huge setback to...