Panasonic Lumix G1 - World's first micro Four Thirds camera

[​IMG]

Here you have it, the world's first #-Link-Snipped-# camera, the Lumix DMC-G1. Panasonic calls it the "world's smallest and lightest digital interchangeable lens camera," a fancy of way of saying it's not a traditional DSLR nor is it a regular point and shoot -- it's something in between. Remember, the micro four-thirds format ditches the internal mirror and prism while maintaining a DSLR-sized sensor -- in this case, we're looking at a new flip-out, 3-inch, high resolution (1.44 million pixels!) Live viewfinder and a 12.1 megapixel Live MOS Sensor. That allows this cam to weigh in at 385-grams (0.85-pounds) and just 20-mm thick. Rounding out the specs are optical image stabilization (MEGA OIS), intelligent ISO, AF tracking, face detection, HDMI output, and intelligent scene selector with Venus Engine HD image processing and a Supersonic Wave Filter dust reduction system under the hood.

For $1200 - I might buy it. 😉

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You like photography, biggie? 😀

I still have a Canon Digital Ixus V3. It's six years old, and still quite durable 😀 There was an LCD problem a few years back, and Canon fixed it for free.. even after past warranty.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's the link for Skype's Beta 4 download - Download the beta version of Skype for Windows 😁 I'll post my review as soon.
hello i am kushang, I am a third year ENTC student from Pune...
Enclosed is a drawing of an ocean energy gathering machine and I want you to tell me if it could work or not. sorry, could not upload image ? Thomas
Hi all I am very glad that I became member in crazyengineers I am Maha from Dubai and I work in Electrcity company as an electrical enigeer and I have...
hi, i am first batch of my coll. i have no senior & not a single lecturer is efficient to help us in any project so, kindly give me some...