Pair Mobile With Deskop For Internet Connectivity On Mobile

Hi,

We usually connect internet on laptops/PC using internet connection of a mobile. Is there any method of connecting vise-verse. I mean, I am using a data card on my laptop to connect to internet. Is possible to use it for my mobile... Pls suggest

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ashuashi
    Hi,

We usually connect internet on laptops/PC using internet connection of a mobile. Is there any method of connecting vise-verse. I mean, I am using a data card on my laptop to connect to internet. Is possible to use it for my mobile... Pls suggest
    Why not? Turn your laptop into a wi-fi hotspot and turn on wi-fi on your phone. Connect your phone to wi-fi zone created by your computer.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Thanks... I tried google, but can you pls guide on how to make lappy wi-fi hotspot. Do I need a software?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    ashuashi
    Thanks... I tried google, but can you pls guide on how to make lappy wi-fi hotspot. Do I need a software?
    In case of Mac, you can make that using Airport Mode, as Mac acts as a router, but not Windows! ๐Ÿ˜” You have to get a WiFi Router to make it happen! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    In case of Mac, you can make that using Airport Mode, as Mac acts as a router, but not Windows! ๐Ÿ˜” You have to get a WiFi Router to make it happen! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Windows 7 has the facility. Download Connectify: #-Link-Snipped-#
    The_Big_K
    Thankz... I will evaluate it and write a review of it in CE, but lets see... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    The_Big_K
    I am using Windows XP. I saw a video on how to make an ad-hoc wi-fi connection in XP but there was a step shown in that video which I am not able to find in XP.

Any way to do it in XP.
    ashuashi
    I am using Windows XP. I saw a video on how to make an ad-hoc wi-fi connection in XP but there was a step shown in that video which I am not able to find in XP.

Any way to do it in XP.
    What is the step about? Which video?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ashuashi

Any way to do it in XP.
    Not sure whether Connectify works on XP. I found following website which shows how to turn Windows XP laptop into a wi-fi hotspot: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Check the following video
    Praveen-Kumar
    What is the step about? Which video?

The step shown at 1:15 min where wireless network tab setting is accessed, I am not getting that tab in my wifi connection properties.
    Oops. Access forbidden at office... Will reply you soon after seeing the video... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes I got it... Did you connect to a Wireless Adapter first??? Even then if you have an issue, please go to Run, type services.msc and search for Wireless Zero Config and click on Start. Then you would be having that tab. This was an issue I too faced in my office system and got it solved. Do say what is the result! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Ok.
    Praveen-Kumar
    Yes I got it... Did you connect to a Wireless Adapter first??? Even then if you have an issue, please go to Run, type services.msc and search for Wireless Zero Config and click on Start. Then you would be having that tab. This was an issue I too faced in my office system and got it solved. Do say what is the result! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ok. That means I need to first connect to a wireless network to add another network. Correct me if I am wrong. Will do it with a wifi connection and will revert if I am able to ad-hoc...
    No just make sure that you have connected with a Wireless Network Adapter... i.e., Win XP should show "View Wireless Networks" in the Network Connections...
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    The_Big_K
    Thanks... I am able to connect thru conectify. Although it is very slow. I connected using a high speed data card. Will try to connect with high speed LAN and test.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir, I had got the permission for doing my final year project in precision tools company.....Now kindly, I want some guidelines for do my project successfully..And I am also except...
Japan's second biggest telecom operator has just launched Android powered phone called INFOBAR C01. Here are the technical specifications of the phone: - 3.2" Display that operates at 854ร—480 px...
I am about to start my second semester; I know it is probably a bit early to start on projects, but I do want to start on something before I...
guys i seriously need topics related to image processing or matlab or embedded... for mini projects ... bt tht project shud be a combination of both software and hardware ...
Hello friends I am in great problem, Since last 6 months I am working in a small scale software company, they are giving me just 11000 / month, I had...