P o E..

How many of us are aware of power over ethernet?
i tumbled upon this page which describes how , power can be transmitted over ethernet cables without use of other form of electricity carrying cables.
The proposed technology is bascially where the spare UTP pair cables ( 1,3 are used for tx and rx right.. so 2,4 are spare in a 4 Twisted pair UTP) can be used to transmit power ๐Ÿ˜ there is always a possibiltiy of growth you see.

REF:#-Link-Snipped-#

Yesterday, a Prof mentioned about techonlogy where they are theorizing the expriment where electricity is sent down as packets!!!, in sense if you consider a ethernet packet, the data feild is energy .. and simple explaination what he said when asked " how is that possible", he replied "everything biols down to 1's and 0's".
Any info on this people, do post it up ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Yea, It's amazing, even once I tried but didn't succeed, I didn't had tools to test it except my hand & at that time I didn't care to test it, I'd like to test it now.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    wow! you tried it??
    What was your idea of doing it? was it the same as above or you had a different idea altogether?
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    No, not the same just that the none used wires get electricity from the switch on the other side which can power up something useful.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    We can always solder the power rails to the 4 spare pins at the switch, hack style ๐Ÿ˜› Two positives, two negatives perhaps.

Though, since UTP cables consists of 24 gauge pairs, I think the max current that can flow per wire is 500mA.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, does anyone know who i need to talk to in order to build a boat in Mexico? What are the rules and regulations? I need to talk to the...
I'm a word with 3 to 7 letters.I'm plural. If you add 's' at my end ,Iwill be singular.I mean 'of great stature' can you find me? All genius, try...
Hi cean's, I want to learn .net framework from scratch so can some one suggest some good place from where i can first learn basic architecture of .net & than...
To get entire information about Gate entrance exam please visit ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
The 20-year old engineering student Niket Chandrashekar from New Horizon College in Bangalore, has developed a portable Operating System that can be stored and operated from any device. 20 yr...