CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@ron12 • 07 Jul, 2012
Dear all,

When performing a pdelta -analysis using Etabs, when do you take into account the P-δ effect which is associated with the local deformation relative to the chord between member ends ? CSI site is suggesting to use factors in the design.

Personally, i am dividing the load combinations by 0.75 factor (factor suggested in the CSI manual Concrete frame design) (instead of inputing 1.2DL + 1.0LL, i am entering 1.6DL + 1.33LL) so the axial force will be amplified and somehow, i will get amplified forces due to the second order effect.

What is your practise ?

Regards
1.3k views

Related Posts

@Zaara Sheikh · Jun 24, 2012

Can you please tell what is the syllabus of B.E. chemical engineering of mumbai university??? I searched on net but i am not able to get exact syllabus.. And please...
2.6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 14, 2012

BSNL has already launched the 'Fiber To The Home' service which promises a direct fiber cable to the subscriber's home and speeds around 100 Mbps 😲. I'm wondering whether the...
8.5k views

@Dancer_Engineer · Jul 3, 2012

I have a link to a WebEx recording. When I click on the link, the 'Network Recording Player' window opens and starts buffering the video. It takes around 7-9 minutes...
5.3k views

@soni.sapan · Feb 6, 2013

I was firstly using avrdude but it is not responding dont know why?. while using extreme burner its showing error "power on failed & cannot connect to the target chip"....
4.5k views

@white_hat · Oct 19, 2012

Tractors used in farming,they have big wheels at rear and small wheels at front.Lets have a discussion on this topic and lets find out how many reasons we can come...
21k views