CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@ron12 • 07 Jul, 2012
Dear all,

When performing a pdelta -analysis using Etabs, when do you take into account the P-δ effect which is associated with the local deformation relative to the chord between member ends ? CSI site is suggesting to use factors in the design.

Personally, i am dividing the load combinations by 0.75 factor (factor suggested in the CSI manual Concrete frame design) (instead of inputing 1.2DL + 1.0LL, i am entering 1.6DL + 1.33LL) so the axial force will be amplified and somehow, i will get amplified forces due to the second order effect.

What is your practise ?

Regards
6.7k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 22, 2014

Micromax has launched a brand new 32 inch LED TV in India as an addition to its portfolio which has two more LED TVs to offer. The Micromax 32T42ECHD is...
8k views

@Vivek_rajput · Nov 25, 2015

I m from chandigarh university, accord to university i am placed in cognizant in the on campus drive, its been more than 2 months now but havnt received any offer...
3.1k views

@Abhishek Rawal · Sep 22, 2013

In October, Google is going to ship KitKat 4.4, but we don't know the accurate date. however, few Samsung devices like : Galaxy Note III, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini,...
9.5k views

@rajcivil2k6 · Feb 19, 2011

Hi I thought it would be great if we can share the basic concepts, so that aspiring Engineers would understand better about the things they Study. I searched for such...
41.4k views

@Neha · Oct 8, 2006

It is said that "An intelligent person is one who learns from his mistakes but a wise man is one who learns from others mistakes". It would not be wrong...
5.9k views