P-delta analysis in Etabs

Dear all,

When performing a pdelta -analysis using Etabs, when do you take into account the P-δ effect which is associated with the local deformation relative to the chord between member ends ? CSI site is suggesting to use factors in the design.

Personally, i am dividing the load combinations by 0.75 factor (factor suggested in the CSI manual Concrete frame design) (instead of inputing 1.2DL + 1.0LL, i am entering 1.6DL + 1.33LL) so the axial force will be amplified and somehow, i will get amplified forces due to the second order effect.

What is your practise ?

Regards

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i really love to work on mobile application i also love to work on web technology.....
Now your mobile calls can be transferred to any device that you own thanks to TU Go app by O2 for smartphones. O2 comes in with this innovative idea to...
This steals the show: https://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/funfunky/2012/May/misc/whereisitgone.gif
Hola CEans, I am an EC Diploma holder .... waiting for my last sem result so that i can get admission for bachelors. Interested in Programming, Robotics, Networking & Hacking....
Most police officers in the United Kingdom, New Zealand and other smaller countries are routinely unarmed, whereas in the rest of the world, policemen are routinely armed. In the UK,...