P and Q

Hi ,
People can you please help me understand why people say that real power is useful power and reactive power is useless

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Woow !!! Have totally lost touch with Basic electricals.

I think the below link should help.
    AC power - Wikipedia

Once you read through this you will realise that real power is that power whcih causes transfer of energy to the load (which is used by the load for heat generation or light, etc). Reactive power is returned back to the source and thus us not useful.

😁Karthik
  • umakaviya
    umakaviya
    Thank you for helping me understand this very basic it proved to be highly informative.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi. CEans i have an urgent need . I want project ideas on image processing..specalised on mobile and web based printing technology.pls help me urgently.. thanking you.
Dear CEans. Happy new year to you all and hope that 2008 will be a peaceful year to all people around the world.😁 As the title of my thread indicates..i'm...
Hey, im a grade 11 student and our teacher has asked us to make a circuit with a 555 timer, a speaker, and resisters so the sound is different. What...
Hello VLSI Design Engineers, We are a group of students doing M.S in VLSI Design. For one of our mini projects, we tried implementing Edge Detection algorithms for Sobel &...
Hiii to all my CEans.... I am a confused person 😕 surfing net for opinions of seniors regarding PG...Thanx to search engine Google,it led me here.Its a wonderful site....Hope we...