OxygenOS Won't Ship With Bloatware, Promises OnePlus

OnePlus team recently announced that they are naming their custom ROM "OxygenOS" and promised to reveal details on February 12 (today). The company has published a new blog post that shows the new logo of the OxygenOS but revealed no other important details you'd want to know. The only noteworthy thing mentioned is that the operating system won't ship with any bloatware. That basically means you can expect the phone's battery to last longer and the entire system will (hopefully) run more efficiently.

OnePlus and Cyanogenmod locked horns over the exclusivity clause in India and that led OnePlus to start working on their own firmware. The biggest advantage of OnePlus offering their own firmware is that the company won't have to wait until the custom ROM providers offered their updates. OnePlus team will now be fully in-charge of pushing the ROMs OTA to all the customers.

OxygenOS-Logo
OxygenOS Logo​

The blog post also lists out the names of the team members working on the OxygenOS. It also mentions that the new OS will have to get various certifications before it can be made available to the end users. There's no mention of how long the team will take to obtain all the permissions and push the release. The ROM is currently stable and undergoing heavy testing internally. OnePlus One team members will hold an AMAA on Reddit at 8AM PST today. If you have questions, head over to /r/Android on Reddit.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Seems like one have to wait an eternal for using a stable and better OnePlus.
    Earlier we were waiting for amazing Cyanogenmod and now a wonderful OxygenOS.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Holy Shit! They've hired most well-known devs of PA. Undoubtedly, PA is my favorite ROM as of now. I am quite sure OxygenOS will have some awesome tweaks and features and I am saying that just because I see PA devs in it. I just hope development of PA Rom doesn't stop for legacy devices. Don't abandon us for One Plus or least you can do is to provide OxygenOS to faithful PA users 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe you should just flash your phone with O2 OS?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe you should just flash your phone with O2 OS?
    I wish Mobile ROMs would work like that. I have to build O2 OS from source (if they opensource it) for my device from source and test everything (RIL, DSDS, OMX, BT, etc. etc.) Also One+ is single sim device so DS users have to patch it and many more (unless SoC is exactly same, which isn't) Inshort, there's just too much to do.

I have always wondered why there is no unified Android kernel like Linux kernel. I am going do some search on it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : •Wireless Sensor Networks are a new and very challenging research field for embedded system design automation, as their design must enforce stringent constraints in terms...
Last week, Lava announced the launch of its flagship smartphone, the Iris X8 and now the Indian mobile manufacturer has unveiled an entry-level smartphone- Lava Iris 465 in the Indian...
Project Abstract / Summary : The safe navigation of submarine is a challenging issue for navy. Various parameters necessary to be monitored are measured and the values are continuously transmitted...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT The Rapid growth of technology and infrastructure has made our lives easier. The advantage of technology has also increased the traffic hazards and the...
Project Abstract / Summary : AUTOMOBILE THEFT CONTROL SYSTEM USING CAN •The goal of the project is to develop security for vehicles. •To use wireless technology for effective communication with...