Overclocking Of Intel GPU Now Possible Under Linux.

A New #-Link-Snipped-# was released, which now makes the intel GPUs overclockable.
A kernel Patch was done by Intel's Ben Widawsky to their DRM driver,the correction was made for Sandy Bridge,Ivy bridge, Haswell ,etc. & other new graphics core which will solve the driver bug which is around for few months.

Without #-Link-Snipped-#, the Intel turbo support is broken.The Intel GPU Overclocking is possible from BIOS.Some Motherboards which allows increasing GPU's core frequency & voltage with Ivy bridge the Intel GPU can be made a lot faster.

Check Daniel Vetter's blog for more detail on Intel GPU Overcloking & Patching the Kernel : Overclocking your Intel GPU on Linux

Replies

• Umesh Kumar Rai
    Umesh Kumar Rai
    Yes, overclocking is possible but I think it will reduce the life span of your machine drastically. The temperature will be much higher than normal, so proper arrangement of cooling system is also necessary.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to IANS Report, Tarun Vijay said that Google should be charged for violating India's defense regulations on maps. Tarun Vijay quoted in report, "Restrict them, invoke the relevant law...
dear CE'ans please tell me that what is the impact of a particular value of reynold's number on the jet of water incoming out of a duct, turbine exit etc....
I am a student of 3rd yr ME...I will appear GATE 2014.Pls suggest books and strategy sirs.I have to crack it in first time. Thank u
Now here i am talking about those 4-stroke single cylinder petrol engines for two-wheelers. now the question is that when the engine is stationary, then what exactly are the positions...
i m a btech 3rd year cse student in SUSEC,Tangori. I want to know the procedure to apply for 6 months industrial training in JAVA in Infosys. please help me............