Output voltage of electric guitar and synth

Hey can any1 tell me wat is output voltage of an electric guitar and a synth???
we know for microphone it can be 2mv or something lik dat.i want to know for electric guitars and synths.coz i want to prepare amplifiers for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
PLZ help me out..

Replies

• Ernesha
    Ernesha
    "The output voltage of pickups varies between 100 mV rms to over 1 V rms for some of the higher output types. Some high-output pickups achieve this by employing very strong magnets, thus creating more flux and thereby more output. These can be detrimental to the final sound because the magnets can tend to attract the strings and damp them, thus, greatly reducing sustain. Other high-output pickups have more turns of wire to increase the voltage generated by the string's movement. However, this also increases the pickup's output resistance/impedance, which can affect high frequencies if the pickup is not isolated by a buffer amplifier."

😁 😁
  • gohm
    gohm
    As a musician I have to say, good answer!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are you looking for a chance to make your mark in the world of journalism? Do you have the passion to report news? Are you looking for a platform to...
I had a talk with xheavenlyx and we have decided that it is long time since we had a meet in Delhi(We haven't had any actually). 😎 How about one...
can i build a .dll file using turbo C compiler in C language? If yes, then can anyone tell me how to do this.
Bracknell, UK, 12 March 2009: 3M’s Oil & Gas business in the UK today announced the launch of a new compact DNV 2.7-1 rated Cuno High Flow Triplex skid. Available...
can anyone please tell me how to install winXP through USB pendrive?