our education style creates professionals not the thinkers

Myself and my friends are discussed today about the topic(infact it was a debate), and it was and fun and interesting and I want to know , what are the CEans Views on this

our education system creates professionals not the thinkers

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    Yes , I believe and support too. Look I live abroad I got many chances to study in various international schools but My dad preferred to sent me in Indian Embasy school of India.jeddah. I dont blame this to my school but to CBSE who is making this curriculum.You will not believe me British school in grade 5th they are given a novel of their level and they will have to write summery and the words what they understood. And they are given H.W every day as write one page about your daily activity or any thing in this way they will think but if you check grade 5 of Indian curriculum he will be dumb .
  • AnkammaRao
    AnkammaRao
    Yes. I think so. We are making guys who can work for others and work well for the given task. But for a country like us we need lot more thinkers. We have enough professionals, now it is time for making thinkers.

May be we need change the the way exams are conducted, graded based on just marks.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hello guys, you are correct!!

But blaming educational system alone is not correct!!

90 percent of engineeriong pass outs dream for a campus placement they never think what they like or what they can do , they just need some thousands of money after every month!!

So its not good to blame educational system alone , everyone has to change. Chase their goals!!

thats how thinkers evolve!!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    What ES said was exactly right...!

Everyone has to change..!
  • callyD
    callyD
    Agree with ES. Its that time to get students understand that they are learning about learning, so in the end of things they can own their own knowledge.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yeah I also agree with Es
    we can't blame educational system alone....
  • gokulkannan
    gokulkannan
    ya,,Mr.ES is correct,,i agree with him and moreover our educational system based on only marks scored in the exams .So the students just memorizing that and simply vomiting in the exams ...this is not good..they have to be practical in every ways they see....and they have to be tested in technical ways ...this will create thinkers..
  • madugula
    madugula
    yes. both ES and safwan are correct. educational system and attitudes of students are inter linked. now-a-days if we watch, most of the parents are concentrating and stressing their children to get more marks and not the subject. since marks give you a live example of success or failure, people are in a idea that first rankers are more intelligent and others are not..
    so they crave for marks and position. accordingly, the institutions developed the system. so change should come in every individual...
    correct, i think the recent movie 3 idiots gives the same idea and is something from which people can actually get inspired,it really makes one think.individuals as well as those who are having the power should take actions. when i see these forums so many ideas,stuff.feel like government should ask us ask the youth what's the latest buzz what's on our mind.they can see everything but still there's a need for action,implementation,application not just theory..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Might be true to some extent. I wonder what stops an individual from thinking on his/her own than relying on the education style.
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    After going through the above discussion... I would like to say that why blaming everybody else rather than changing ourselves...?? I mean if we point out our "pointing finger" to someone else we should also remember that the other four fingers are pointing towards us.. So.. I've an idea, as we in CE are a total of 68,556 members why not change our attitude, why not do new things, why not THINK in a new dimension or in inventive or innovative way to be precise...
    So guys lets do it!! a small change in ourselves can make a big difference in society.. !!
    I hope you would like my post..

Always remember Shiv Khera's words "Winners don't do different things, they do things differently"

All the Best Guys!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, right now i'm doing mechanical engineering 3rd year at malla reddy engineering college at hyderabad. Right now i'm facing a huge dilemma of whether to continue my studies...
[Youtube]1hrWjkn_DHs[/Youtube] Norwegian authorities are investigating strange lights seen in the arctic sky. The spiraling white light was seen for several minutes on Wednesday morning.
Hello Guys and Gals, sorry for being here after a long time. Yesterday i was wandering over the net and suddenly i got a blazing speed of 2.18 Mbps for...
The second offering in the Twilight Saga, New Moon is releasing today The movie has raised great popularity all over the world and has turned into a rage Here is...
A nice story I received in a forward mail... Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others,...