CrazyEngineers
  • [​IMG]

In the future, it looks like we may actually have the option of using our body as a touchscreen, allowing us to make calls, play music and play video games on our skin. Pretty crazy and weird, I know, but it’s a reality. In all honesty though, I would much rather play my video games on a high resolution screen, the skin really isn’t a nice display to play on, I’m just sayin’. At the same time this thing is still pretty freakin’ cool.

A group of researchers from Carngie Mellon University and Microsoft have developed the device called Skinput, which turns your body into a touchscreen by sensing movements in your skin and muscles. This research team is going to present a paper about Skinput next month at the Computer-Human Interaction conference...
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 24, 2011

I don't like the concept though. You'll need a projector to display stuff on the skin. I'm more interested in direct brain to machine interface.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberDec 24, 2011

The_Big_K
    I don't like the concept though. You'll need a projector to display stuff on the skin. I'm more interested in direct brain to machine interface.
    Anyways, now HCI is in its peak. A few more years and what you think will be done by the computers! 😁
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register