CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 06 Oct, 2015 • 1 like
If you are experiencing extremely slow download speed for OSX El Capitan, I've a fix for you. My computer was showing ~2 days as approximate time to download the 6GB of OSX update and I did a simple trick to bring id down to just about an hour. How did I do that? It's simple: Change the DNS address you're using.

On your system, click on Applications -> System Preferences -> Network. Then select the wireless or wired network that you are using to connect. Click on 'Advanced' -> DNS. You will now see a list of DNS servers on the left.

Try using a new DNS server. You can use the one provided by your ISP or by Google (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) or from Open DNS. In my tests, I found out that the one provided by OpenDNS works the best! However, you should check which DNS works the best for you.

Typically, switch over to the second DNS address and then click on 'OK' to make your settings effective. Watch your download speed go up! Enjoy!
2.8k views

Related Posts

@durga ch · Oct 23, 2013

ok, though everything else works fine, I had an issue while accessing VM. The network adapter 1 ( attached to NAT ) is just fine. But the problem is with...
7.3k views

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 22, 2014

Hero Motorcorp has launched its latest 150cc motorcycle - the 2014 Hero Xtreme in India today. Available in four color options - Blue, Orange, White and Red, the Hero Xtreme...
14.4k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Mar 15, 2010

CEans, I'm sure you have heard that Facebook is opening an office in Hyderabad, India. They will be hiring sales & operations people. Those who wish to apply for jobs...
4.1k views

@Shah Sharath · Oct 20, 2013

what is working mechanism of the diwali gun pls explain me how its happening simultaneously
1.6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 18, 2013

I might be ignorant, but I've not found a convincing reason the Government of India is making it mandatory for almost everyone to opt out of cable connections for the...
6.9k views