Orkut->Facebook->WhatsApp ??

We all had accounts in Orkut ,which was my first social networking site (perhaps for most people).
But later everyone left it for Facebook.
And again something similar is happening .Now i see many friends switching to WhatApp.They are now less online on Facebook.
Also they are asking me to Join the same,something which also happened in case of Orkut->facebook tranisistion .

I also read the blog of WhatApp, values they claim which are unusual in case of a SNS cos.
Quote from Blog:
"Remember, when advertising is involved you the user are the product."
#-Link-Snipped-#

So Is Facebook the next Orkut ???

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Facebook will become the next Orkut, but not anytime soon. We've already had a discussion on the future of Facebook. I think the platform will eventually shift and I think it will mostly be controlled by the mobiles. I'm even expecting that the shift will take at least next 5 years. People go to FB because they have all their data there. Facebook isn't very good at letting you carry your own data out of their network.

There were rumors that Facebook was planning to acquire WhatsApp. But has recently launched their own messaging app which is quite similar in functionality.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Greetings, Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am looking for a calculator schematic that is made of logic gates. I am playing a game called minecraft...
hello everyone. i hope most of you came to know about the new kind of transistor made of indium gallium arsenide which was made by mit. could anyone figure out...
As we know that we use Carbon Dating system to find out age of old/ancient thing.But I don't know what is its accuracy because I read some disputes regarding carbon...
Looks like India's stepping up its game for the electronics manufacturers and importers. Starting April 2013, all the electronic gadgets and devices will have to comply with the BIS standards...
Samsung's launched a vague trailer promising 'something new' at the CES 2013. The official dates for the event are January 8-11. It's impossible to make any guesses by looking at...