Oracle SQL: Conventional SQL or Analytics

It is well known that there are often more than one way of solving any problem. Same is the case with Oracle SQL. It is possible almost to write any SQL query using the conventional SQL and we have something known as analytical functions that make life easier for the developer. In spite of this, I have encountered interviewers not stressing upon analytic and forcing one to write SQLs in conventional form.

How far do you think this is viable? Isn't it forcing us to adapt just one way of answering a question?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am changing the config file in RPi. I want to set display resolution to 1360x768 which is closer to my monitor's 1366x768. It is in hdmi_group=2 & hdmi_mode=39 (&...
Worrying about keeping your electronic empire charged when you're roaming at places far-away from the power points is a thing of a past with this Solar Tent. The Katabatic Solar...
I don't understand how to ask this question. It may sound silly, but how was time of 1 second was decided ? How come 6 degree is equal to 1...
Those of you who've driven the diesel and petrol vehicles will know that the diesel engines vibrate a lot. In fact, it's a problem that's not been solved even in...
I was interacting with current students of my alma mater (long time ago) and almost all of them were concerned about getting into the 'right job'. I found that everyone...