Oracle (Applications Development Group) : Bangalore or Hyderabad ??

hello everyone...

this is Suyash Joshi, from VNIT, Nagpur (currently 8th sem. B.Tech) and I will be joining Oracle in the "Applications Development" sector in the later half of 2008. Recently I got a mail from Oracle India regarding the preference for the location of workplace and I have to choose between Hyderabad and Bangalore.

please let me know which one is better with respect to work content as well as future growth... it will be great if someone could especially highlight his/her experience in "apps development" sector...

thanks in advance...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEan - Archana works for Oracle @ Hyderabad center. I guess she can throw some light. Archana, inputs please! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Archana Kannouj
    Archana Kannouj
    Hi Suyash,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

If you are recruited for Oracle Apps Development then Hyd is good for you.
    As all the big shots from oracle apps are in hyd only.

for applications hyd is happening place.
  • Archana Kannouj
    Archana Kannouj
    and most of the apps development takes place in hyderabad.
    So i suggest u to choose Hyderabad...

Regards,
    Archana
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the reply, Archana. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Bharathn
    Bharathn
    Hi
    I am Bharath from National Institute Of Engineering ,Mysore . I got placed in Oracle application development .. I will be joining Oracle campus in the mid of 2009 . I haven't got any information regarding the location ( Bangalore campus or Hyderabad centre) . I saw your posts & got to know that hyderabad centre is good for freshers .
    I want to know what all training we are going to get after joining oracle campus . Also want to know if there are any requirements in hyderabad centre so that chances of me getting into Hyderabad centre will be more ๐Ÿ˜€
    I will be greatful if anyone give more information/details about Oracle Application development !! ..
    Thanks in advance !
  • suyash
    suyash
    Hi Bharathn

First of all Congrats for your placement in Oracle !!

Yes, Hyderabad is indeed the best place to come, when oracle apps are concerned, since majority of the development work is done at Hyderabad only and almost all the biggies are associated with Hyderabad IDC.

After joining Oracle, you are subscribed to various training courses, depending on the team you are joining and the skills required as per your manager and your existing skills. In my case, I underwent short 3-4 days courses for PL/SQL, Java, J2EE and the home made Oracle Applications Framework (used for E-Business Suite). It all depends on the work group you are being assigned to.

After a couple of months of your campus placements, or may be before, you will get an email asking you to rate yourselves on various technical parameters and some other information. I think the allocation is done on the basis of the choices we fill, but it's just a guess, since we aren't explicitly told as such. They also ask your preference for work location, Hyderabad or Bangalore in that mail.

Also, since majority of the oracle apps ppl are in Hyderabad, I don't think you need to fret much about getting Hyderabad.

Right now the latest thing at Oracle Apps Development is the release of "Fusion" , a next gen business solutions middleware, which is supposed to be the next best thing in the ERP market.

If you want any additional/ specific information, let me know.

Cheers,

Suyash
  • Bharathn
    Bharathn
    Thanks a lot suyash. It was very helpful & informative . In ppt , they did mention about "Fusion" but they did not explain anything related to fusion . What is fusion all about ? Are u working on any application using "Fusion technology" ?

Regards
    Bharath
  • suyash
    suyash
    @ bharathn

I'm glad that I could be of some help to you... ๐Ÿ˜Ž

As I mentioned earlier, Fusion is not a technology, but it is one of the new products of Oracle which is meant for enterprise usage. It's essentially a newer version of Oracle Business Suite which combines the core elements of E-Biz along with the functionality of other products acquired by oracle viz. Siebel, PeopleSoft etc.

You can get to know more about Fusion through the press releases of Oracle or just visit
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I'm in the development team of E-Biz, so haven't yet tested Fusion blood ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    General notice to CEan - Suyash:

Try to be more active on CE. Else I'll complain to Larry :evil:
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Suyash, can I have a free original copy of the 11g database, pretty please? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • suyash
    suyash
    The_Big_K
    General notice to CEan - Suyash:

Try to be more active on CE. Else I'll complain to Larry :evil:
    If you do manage to Reach Larry by some chance, say hello to him from my side !! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

ash
    Suyash, can I have a free original copy of the 11g database, pretty please? ๐Ÿ˜›
    Yeah, sure why not? I run a part time business distributing copyrighted software when I'm not at work... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Just don't tell anyone that I was the perpetrator :sshhh:
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    suyash
    Just don't tell anyone that I was the perpetrator :sshhh:
    Ha Ha Ha... good Suyash... Post on the forum and use :sshhh:

๐Ÿ˜
  • ajithinvincible
    ajithinvincible
    Hi friend,
    This is Ajith from Chennai... Recently I got placed in oracle application division.
    Saw your posts here in CE discussing about oracle...
    Can you tell me what is the current financial position there in oracle?
    I'm asking this because, I got placed in Sep '08 & till now I did not get any mail from oracle...
    And with recession looming large everyday, I feel so insecure... Can you please help me?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Every company in India is delaying offer letters. I believe Oracle is alright with its financial; but will wait for the economy to be better before they inform the joining dates to new recruits.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Is anyone here from 2009 batch waiting for its joining date in Oracle Financial Services Software Limited ?
  • ajithinvincible
    ajithinvincible
    The_Big_K
    Every company in India is delaying offer letters. I believe Oracle is alright with its financial; but will wait for the economy to be better before they inform the joining dates to new recruits.
    Thanks a lot for ur words ๐Ÿ˜€ ...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    shalini_goel14
    Is anyone here from 2009 batch waiting for its joining date in Oracle Financial Services Software Limited ?

you are funny shalini this is what i wanted to post but saw yours ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜
  • sylfa
    sylfa
    Hi i got placed on June 2008.. I m from the 2009 batch....
  • sylfa
    sylfa
    Can anyone pl tel wen the 2009 batch be gettin their call letters... we hav got the offer letter...
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi sylfa,
    1. Please look at following links:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2.Hi i got placed on June 2008.. I m from the 2009 batch....
    - Glad to hear that ๐Ÿ˜

3. Can anyone pl tel wen the 2009 batch be gettin their call letters... we hav got the offer letter..
    - It depend on the company which recruited you. As I know Oracle is not going into many layoffs. It is doing mainly salary deductions so may be students recruited in Oracle may get their offer letters soon.

[ PS: Anyways "Always hope for the best" ๐Ÿ˜€ ]
  • sylfa
    sylfa
    Oh. Thank you for your reply ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I hope this thread is dedicated to the people who get offers in Oracle ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰..
    hope to hear soon regarding the joining of these people then again 2011 batch and so on..
    a recursive thread with all people from Oracle ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • itsmechakri4u
    itsmechakri4u
    Hi all
    This is Chakradhar from hyd m looking for a position in oracle hyd as an oracle apps technical consultant i have 2yrs of exp and ocp certified. Is there any chance to get into oracle hyd its my dream place to work.
    Thank you so much in advance.
  • microlifecc
    microlifecc
    Can u guys plz give an idea of the recruitment process of Oracle Application Development.I have campus recruitment this week and wud be very grateful if u all could give me some advice on how to do well in the interview.
  • ramesh123
    ramesh123
    hi
  • ramesh123
    ramesh123
    i was selected in oracle india in our campus recruitment but did not get call letter,can any one help me on it
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ramesh123
    i was selected in oracle india in our campus recruitment but did not get call letter,can any one help me on it
    Did you check with the college authorities? The T&P (Training and Placement) cell in your college? What was their response? If you haven't yet tried it, you can contact the HR department of the company and get a tentative date for the arrival of call letter.
  • ramesh123
    ramesh123
    can any let me know about when was i goining to get oracle call letter.I have filled my background verification form in december 2015

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Each one of us uses search engines to search the information available on the Internet. However, you don't always find what you want. There are lots of hacks &...
Dear sir, I am a 3rd year civil engg student from NIT, Jaipur. I wish to do my summer internship at bangalore, which is my home town. I had applied...
hello i am working on the project of smart materials. it is basically based on their properties and their future uses. so i request you all to please give me...
hi, i m mechanical engineering student. and i m looking for a project related to automobiles if anyone have related project or idea then plz uelp me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks.

hi

Hi ! I;m newbie in this forum, so i'll try my best to follow all rules n regulations in this forum. so really thanks to all of u...