Optimization- whose goal is to find the max or min value in a given function

Question: Accenter Industries Limited (AIL) uses high grade odum and sapele wood to produce chairs, tables and cupboards for schools. The target for the company is to produce at least 150 chairs, 200 tables and 60 cupboards. Over the years, AIL has established that each ton of odum wood yields 3 chairs 5 tables and 3 cupboards. On the other hand each ton sapele wood produces 5 chairs, 5 tables and a cupboard. A ton of odum and sapele cost $40 and $50 respectively. What combination of chairs tables and cupboards should AIL produce to minimize cost of production?

Hint: Let x represent a ton of odum wood
Let y represent a ton of sapele wood.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello...i completed b.tech frm ME...in 2012.....now i am job less since 8 months.....i tried my best to find a job......but without reference in a company it is impossible to find...
can anyone tell me that either this use case diagram for Crime file system is correct or not,should there be a database manager?
129 algae filled louvered tanks hang over the south-east and south-west faces of the 15-unit apartment that has been constructed in the city of Hamburg, Germany. The unconventional architecture is...
Most super cars of recent years come equipped with "nitro boost", everyone knows that its to increase the power output and speed of the automobile, but not many know what...
We used to have a wonderful activity until a few weeks ago - weekend talks. I believe the CE Conference can be used to conduct those debates/talks in a better,...