OPtical Character Recognition

As a part of my final year project Im planning to shape a Fuzzy based Optical character Recognition system. For that purpose I plan to use a 16 or 8 bit microcontroller for the fuzzy processing module, but im still undecided on how to implement the actual optical data reading system or the scanner. I cannot use a commercial scanner for certain reasons. A photodetector arry is a possible solution, but CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE PHOTODETECTOR ARRAY IC. Texas instruments TLS 214 would have been an ideal choice, but they have stoopped production and discontinued it. Any ideas as to how i could implement the Scanner?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, My cut-off mark is 183.23 could anybody tell me any best college in Coimbatore for my mark. I need a reply i'm in a complete paranoia.๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
CEans, Ever since enabling CE-InFocus, our RSS posting bot which gathers feeds from various tech blogs, I've received mix response from all of you. Mods may not like it (for...
Yo CEans! In conjuction with IEEE's 125th Anniversary, IEEE has a cool initiative called "Celebrating 125 Years of Engineering the Future". Quote: By celebrating this milestone anniversary, you honor the...
Hi,friends Just try solving this puzzle It goes like this ๐Ÿ˜€ "In a van there are 7 people,and each of them carry 7 bags. Each bag contains 7 cats. Each...
All of us do read news papers / watch -observe news on TV/Internet. Why do not we make an thread in which we post the headlines of that particular day....