Optical catastrophic destruction

Why is the blue laser affected very less cause of this but Red LASER is rapidly destroyed cause of this effect

Replies

• vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Possibly because both are at the extreme ends of the frequency spectrum of visible light.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If that is the reason then the Blue Laser diode must also have some destructive effect why it is not having such an effect
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    its because of bandwidth and the intensity variation.red laser is of more and sharp intensity with narrow bandwidth comparatively with others.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Color Frequency Wavelength
    Violet (Color) 668–789 THz 380–450 nm
    Blue 606–668 THz 450–495 nm
    Green 526–606 THz 495–570 nm
    Yellow 508–526 THz 570–590 nm
    Orange (Color) 484–508 THz 590–620 nm
    Red 400–484 THz
    620–750 nm
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The last table shows that almost all the colours have the almost same frequency Bw and blue has lesser BW than Red so it must undergo more destruction right

PS : source wikipedia

sorry for copying it
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    ok it can be considered my pal,it won't looking in a matter of little value but which colour among all will have sharpness comparatively means red itself then comes blue .you can follow the below link to clear you r doubt jeffrey...
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What exactly is this ? Can a criminal escape this ? What are the effects of it ?
What are the necessary precautions to be taken when using a DC drive of above 100 V supply
hey i am not new here. My name is Mohit kumar singh I am from nalanda(Bihar). I have some good time on CE. But due to some reason i am...
How to find all the thread titles of threads started by the user Is there any segment where we can see the thread titles alone I know we can check...
hello friend's Really it's nice to see that one of your friend comment on your post and automatically a red color notification will displayed on the header. . After concentrating...