Opportunities After GATE other than IITs, NITs and PSUs

Guys I'm Electrical engineer, I want to know the opportunities of GATE other than IITs, NITs and PSUs . What are all good colleges/universities to pursue M.Tech for EE and placements in Private sectors? Kindly help on this. Thank you Engineers

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers.

First of all - I don't understand your question. Why would anyone take the GATE exam if they don't want to apply for a job in PSU or learn at leading institutes of NIT and IIT?
    Isn't it better to hunt for a job without GATE or pursue a career of your choice instead of taking the pains of cracking GATE exam?

What after GATE exam? Opportunities after cracking GATE?

1. Pursue M.Tech/MSc from India or abroad.
    2. If your GATE score is low but you want to do MTech/MS from a reputed institute, you can work as an assistant to professor for an year or two. This way you can get a really useful recommendation (LOR) necessary for pursuing higher studies abroad.
    3. If your score is high, get into an IIM (Indian Institute of Management) B-school through GATE Score
    4. You can teach at GATE coaching classes (Part-time or Full-time).
    5. Go for recruitment in PSUs such as BHEL, IOC, NTPC, BPCL, BARC, HPCL, etc.
  • Nataraj2591
    Nataraj2591
    Thanks . I want to know the other opportunities of GATE. For example if i get a rank between 2000-2500...Probably I won't get seats in Any IIT,NIT and job in PSU...so what shall I do now ? I get struck here. That why I need your suggestions about other reputed institutions and jobs in private sectors.
  • Nataraj2591
    Nataraj2591
    Ankita Katdare

First of all - I don't understand your question. Why would anyone take the GATE exam if they don't want to apply for a job in PSU or learn at leading institutes of NIT and IIT?
    Isn't it better to hunt for a job without GATE or pursue a career of your choice
  • Nataraj2591
    Nataraj2591
    Ankita Katdare

Isn't it better to hunt for a job without GATE or pursue a career of your choice instead of taking the pains of cracking GATE exam?

What after GATE exam? Opportunities after cracking GATE?

1. Pursue M.Tech/MSc from India or abroad.
    2. If your GATE score is low but you want to do MTech/MS from a reputed institute, you can work as an assistant to professor for an year or two. This way you can get a really useful recommendation (LOR) necessary for pursuing higher studies abroad.
    3. If your score is high, get into an IIM (Indian Institute of Management) B-school through GATE Score
    4. You can teach at GATE coaching classes (Part-time or Full-time).
    5. Go for recruitment in PSUs such as BHEL, IOC, NTPC, BPCL, BARC, HPCL, etc.

Thanks . I want to know the other opportunities of GATE. For example if i get a rank between 2000-2500...Probably I won't get seats in Any IIT,NIT and job in PSU...so what shall I do now ? I get struck here. That why I need your suggestions about other reputed institutions and jobs in private sectors
  • msuresh444
    msuresh444
    Nataraj2591
    Thanks . I want to know the other opportunities of GATE. For example if i get a rank between 2000-2500...Probably I won't get seats in Any IIT,NIT and job in PSU...so what shall I do now ? I get struck here. That why I need your suggestions about other reputed institutions and jobs in private sectors
    Boss, instead of speculating your GATE rank, prepare well and get a better one. Rank below 1000 would land you on safe side. My colleagues told BHEL wont recruit for another 2 years. You will never be stuck anywhere.
    Private sector is always open for you.
  • Nataraj2591
    Nataraj2591
    msuresh444
    Boss, instead of speculating your GATE rank, prepare well and get a better one. Rank below 1000 would land you on safe side. My colleagues told BHEL wont recruit for another 2 years. You will never be stuck anywhere.
    Thanks Boss. Sure I'm on that mission. Can you tell any Private sector names who recruits through GATE? This will helpful for many GATE Aspirants in Electrical Engineering.
  • msuresh444
    msuresh444
    Nataraj2591
    Thanks Boss. Sure I'm on that mission. Can you tell any Private sector names who recruits through GATE? This will helpful for many GATE Aspirants in Electrical Engineering.
    Private companies never recruit thru GATE generally. A good rank will just add better impression to your resume, thats all. You must impress them with your resume and interview skills.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am sure this thread is going to help a lot of engineering who are unsure about the opportunities after GATE exam. There are many career prospects after cracking the GATE, however many are not aware it seems.

Assuming that after GATE, you pursue M.Tech from a reputed college, you have two immediate options: Getting a Job or Joining a Research field. In fact, you can target core companies with a better job profile.

Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) are offering really great job positions to GATE score holders.

GATE Score is also accepted by Universities outside India for PG programs.
    Example: NUS or NTU from Singapore accept it. They are research-focused universities.

If you are a GATE qualified candidate you are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in CSIR or Council of Scientific & Industrial Research Labs.

If anyone knows more options, please list them below.
  • Nataraj2591
    Nataraj2591
    msuresh444
    Private companies never recruit thru GATE generally. A good rank will just add better impression to your resume, thats all. You must impress them with your resume and interview skills.
    Thanks Boss. First my mission is to get Good Rank in GATE and AIM for IITs...It's good to dream big. If I have any doubts I wil ask in future. Thanks Once again.
  • Nataraj2591
    Nataraj2591
    Ankita Katdare
    I am sure this thread is going to help a lot of engineering who are unsure about the opportunities after GATE exam. There are many career prospects after cracking the GATE, however many are not aware it seems.

Assuming that after GATE, you pursue M.Tech from a reputed college, you have two immediate options: Getting a Job or Joining a Research field. In fact, you can target core companies with a better job profile.

Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) are offering really great job positions to GATE score holders.

GATE Score is also accepted by Universities outside India for PG programs.
    Example: NUS or NTU from Singapore accept it. They are research-focused universities.

If you are a GATE qualified candidate you are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in CSIR or Council of Scientific & Industrial Research Labs.

If anyone knows more options, please list them below.
    Thanks . Sure this post will help a lot of GATE aspirants. Thank you for your valuable info...
  • rkmars
    rkmars
    Hello mam,
    I have qualified Gate (EC) 2016 but with a very low score. Just on the edge of qualifying marks. What should I do please help. Thank you!

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Nataraj2591
    Nataraj2591
    msuresh444
    I got 34.93 marks and a score of 462 with AIR 8110. Don't know what to do. :-(
  • Devil999
    Devil999
    I got 1593 rank in gate with 610 score in cse do I have any chances of PSU or any other job

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of people google 'which sites to join' when they are new to the Internet and a lot many of these people are engineering students in India who want...
Just noticed that CrazyEngineers has now 1 Lakh 75 Thousand registered members. 😀 Just another milestone. Let's all hope to grow by thousands in the coming year. 👍 CHEERS to...
Hi Engineers, I'm working in an IT company with nearly 2years experience. I completed UG in Electrical engineering, since I got only 25marks in GATE in my first attempt in...
At first glance, iBall's new smartphone mSLR cobalt 4 looks like just another Android smartphone, but the shutterbugs among us have a reason to look again. The new iBall phone...
Hello mam... I am a third year student and i am doing an individual project of three wheeler, My project mainly based on a used three wheeler which has two...