Opinions about the new Facebook Recommend button?

I see that our site is now showing the latest Facebook Recommend button. The new button has adopted a Navy Blue color and I think people are clicking on it more than the earlier versions. We see slight improvement in the number of Recommends / Shares. What do you think about the new FB Recommend button.

new-fb-recommend

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess something's not right here. I think that FB button only appears in Firefox. Has it been like that for quite some time already?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have noticed that sometime it shows the new button while most of the time it shows the old one (light blue). I am using Firefox 25.0 & it shows old one only in most case, but sometimes in CE|Home page it does shows new one.
    Weird.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Facebook is yet to roll out the new button all over, but I was able to see those dark blue 'Recommend' buttons on CE since last couple weeks (browser used: Mozilla Firefox 24).

Chrome is still reflecting the same old pale blue Like/Recommend button. The new buttons shall be uniformly updated across browsers/regions soon.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am able to see the FB share button which was a light blue coloured rectangular box.I am using chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 m
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I like it , but i did recommend to change it's position on page, it should be on middle or at bottom of first post

Yesterday I wanted to share one thread, but couldn't find it at first sight
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CrazyEngineer is getting more shares after this new Recommend button - I agree with this as compare to previous on this looks pretty cool and it is really more attractive then Tweet, G+.

PS:- I am able to see this new button both on Firefox and Crome. Seems FB has fixed this button.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The screenagers are getting ready for the 4K world and the latest advancement in displays comes from Japanese SEL (Semiconductor Energy Laboratory). SEL demonstrated flexible 4K OLED displays with high...
A small-scale business based in Arizona, The Paragon Space Development Corporation, has employed existing technology in the development of a helium balloon that'll almost fly you to the edge of...
XOLO, the Indian smartphone manufacturer has launched a new Android smartphone called the XOLO A600. Now on XOLO's official website, the A600 is the recent entry in the mid-budget mobile...
It's time to wish my fellow CEans a very happy Diwali . Enjoy with sweets and blast very less as possible. Have a safe and eco-friendly Diwali
This man from India has did it again. Meet Santhosh from Mysore, India - Bringing innovation to bikes is what he does. Known worldwide for developing the Moosshiqk (the Sanskrit...