Operating Systerm: How a READ operation takes place?

How a READ operation takes place? Please explain, with respect to SYSTEM..(device driver,controller..)

Replies

• sushant005
    sushant005
    Please elaborate your question.
    Do you means the READ/WRITE operation with respect to the programming concept or something else.
    please make it clear.
  • xxxabhash007
    xxxabhash007
    Try to be close to your question.
  • bill190
    bill190
    You can read memory. And this can be different depending if you are reading ram or rom.

You can read something from the disk drive.

And you can read a device like a serial port or a keyboard.

And how all of the above is done can be quite different depending on if you are using assembly language and directly accessing the device... Or if you are using a higher level language and using an operating system to access the device.

In the hardware case, you would need to be reading data sheets on the hardware to learn how something can be read.

In the operating system case, you would need to be reading the operating system programming manual to learn how something can be read.

The two can be quite different!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have installed kiwi syslog server in my PC but it is not working properly and i think the reason is my firewall , I want to add exception in...
The MKS developed by Alpha Moscon does a good job in killing mosquitoes in 1 Acre area. Here's a demo of the product - [video=youtube;45IJWPNZjQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45IJWPNZjQ0[/video] How this system works:- (Source:...
The Research In Motion (RIM) company which offers Blackberry services in India has agreed to Government's demand to provide lawful access to its user data (Indian user data) and is...
Sir, Should i take chemical or metallurgy??as u people are already engineer and are aware of reality ,scopes,job,and salary in these field .so plz help me.
i just had a discussion at home off late abt this.....my dad wants me to do MBA big time....but m more into technical field......not so interested in management n all.........so...