Opamp With One Terminal With AC Input & Other With DC Input.

As we know, opamp amplifies both ac & dc input signals.
I would like to know what could be the resultant output if one terminal is given dc signal & other with ac signal.
How will differential amp in opamp can differentiate dc-ac signal ?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Differential amplifier sees instantaneous voltage only mate

It will just compute the difference between the Voltages at that particular instant and doesn't give a damn about the other previous values

It is a Magnitude difference finder only mate nothing special
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    If you give ac to one terminal and dc to another one, it will compare the voltage levels and then as per its working, o/p will toggle in between +Vsat and -Vsat (in case of dual supply) or in between +Vsat and 0 V (in case of single supply). if the DC is a constant voltage and AC is sine wave then as a result you will get square wave / pulses/ rectangular wave, depending on the applied voltage level. (Simply op-amp will work as a comparator
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    a.alandkar
    If you give ac to one terminal and dc to another one, it will compare the voltage levels and then as per its working, o/p will toggle in between +Vsat and -Vsat (in case of dual supply) or in between +Vsat and 0 V (in case of single supply). if the DC is a constant voltage and AC is sine wave then as a result you will get square wave / pulses/ rectangular wave, depending on the applied voltage level. (Simply op-amp will work as a comparator
    You remind me writing exams in university...๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜’
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    [Prototype]
    You remind me writing exams in university...๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜’
    Generally such questions are asked by the beginners, and they don't understand the gist answers...
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    A good question. It just amplifies the sine wave with an offset voltage.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Europe will now allow in-flight use of electronics throughout the flight - right from take off to landing. I'm curious to know what's changed with the flight electronics & communication...
I first ignored SnapChat thinking it was just another 'me-too' version of WhatsApp. But when Facebook is willing to bet $3 billion on them; SnapChat is definitely something we can't...
I was looking at the stats and found that 'Like' is the only post rating we all have been using and the usage of other post ratings like 'Agree', 'Disagree'...
When Batman rides his car-cum-weapon on his way to save Gotham City, young and old alike dream of owning it. Called the Batmobile - the super configurable car was an...
A lot of people are seen prepping their LinkedIn profiles or About.me page or even their Facebook pages when they are applying for jobs in a new company. Especially experienced...