Online Debate Competition #2 - Is artificial intelligence the beginning of the end for human race?

Researchers have been long working on making machines as intelligent as the humans.
Even today, as scientists have buckled up and every day there's a new progress in achieving that aim, a debate arises if it is really good for the humanity.

We hope you can take a side on the question and defend your point.

Is artificial intelligence the beginning of the end for human race?

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Waiting for the topic...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The winners will be declared tomorrow by noon.
    Minimum 5 participants are necessary.
    This debate will be open till 5:00 pm.

Waiting for participating from you all -

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    Artificial intelligence definitely marks the beginning for human race. The term 'Artificial intelligence' was coine din 1955 by John McCarthy and the human society has definitely progressed since then!

Artificial intelligenc eis notihng but the science of making intelligent machines, and intelligent machines will no doubt benefit the human race.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I do agree with fella compatriot Guneet that Artificial Intelligence (AI) is not the beginning of the end of human race. Rather, I would say that AI do support the human life line.

AI is doing all the things that helps the humanity, be it robotics or mechanical devices every bit of it, is created to help human being.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I am sure you must have you heard of driver less cars? Are you aware of the statistics of the safety of that?
    In Four US states (Nevada, Princeton, New Jersey and California) where driver less car is allowed no accident is registered till date for driver less car (with an exception of couple of accident that happened when car was driven by a driver). Do you still say it a curse?
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    There have been just 2 major instances since 1955 when the funding to AI was stopped, and that created great unrest for "obvious" reasons. We cannot imagine the world today without the gift of AI in any domain.

Today AI is used in various domains like reasoning, deduction, problem solving, knowledge representation, planning, commnication. This list can go on and forth.
    How can we even get this idea into our minds that AI is marking the end of human race?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Yes, Artificial intelligence is the beginning of the end for the human race. Once all the intelligence that we humans have scientifically learned about ourselves and the world we live in, has been transferred into the machine world, then there is a great possibility that machines can create unforeseen damage in the future.

The entire concept of artificial intelligence is self structured by humans, and from history we learn humans have always committed mistakes to learn, and some mistakes are irreversible like the Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the Chernobyl disaster.

"It is always better to avoid a situation, than to fall prey to it's fangs!"

So I strongly support the fact that Artificial Intelligence will be the beginning for the end of the human race, even though it may not seem so at first impressions.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# .
    There is a reason why AI has been termed as the lasy great invention of Mankind.
    There is a belief that with every passing year the speed and power of AI doubles, but same is not the case with humans.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Although we can say that, Artificial Intelligence (AI) would be a revolution, but at the same time can’t deny the negative aspects of AI.

The research for Artificial Intelligence is already started and we can see the impact by observing landmarks such as self-driving cars, digital personal assistants etc.

It can surely try to ‘act’ as a beginning of new era, where Machines would have every emotion that a human can feel, but it’s analytical powers would be hundred times more than collective intelligence of every person (even the smartest one like Albert Einstein ) we ever had in the history of world.

This idea may seem interesting to grant “Super Powers” to a machine, granting them ability to think, feel i.e. artificial intelligence, but this could act as biggest mistake human ever made.

Even Stephen Hawking along with his peers said, that this could be biggest event in human history, but it could all be useless unless “We learn to avoid the risks”

Want to know the negative impacts?

Well, we are simply ‘trying’ to develop machines with super human intelligence, and we can not neglect the fact that they are capable of improving their designs further. Rather than treating “Humans” as masters, they can treat us like “Slaves”.

What if one of our super intelligent machine, with all the emotions (negative emotions too) develops a feeling to rebel and thus make more super intelligent machines by further improving it’s own design. Thus giving rise to an army of “Machines which are super intelligent” . Would any human ever recover from this?

No. It’s just impossible, every human could be easily treated as slave, “born to work for machines.”

A typical thinking we have for machine is “ Born to work for humans” and giving super intelligence to them would just turn out this sentence.

This could be a very terrible experience.

They could even develop weapons that human cannot even understand, we will be just like tribal people who just saw an ‘aeroplane’

The short term impact can be useful, but in long term, this could lead to worsened situation, if we don’t take right precautions in the first place itself.
  • May Joy Rentosa
    May Joy Rentosa
    i beg to disagree because we both all know that artificial intelligence is made to make our lives is easy. No matter how they are smart, how they do what we do. They cannot survive without us.
    They cannot acquired our natural sense. for example sense of our taste buds. Maybe they know the taste just like sweet,bitter and sour but they not know how delicous is it.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Hey girls, What do you think about machines creating unemployment?
    What about human's giving more value and belief to machine's judgement?
    At times, we have seen that mango people had stopped thinking as machines are doing that for them?

Is it good for the human being?
    I do not believe so.

I strongly believe that usage of AI should always be in check, other wise that will call for end of human era.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    Today AI is used in various domains like reasoning, deduction, problem solving, knowledge representation, planning, commnication. This list can go on and forth.
    How can we even get this idea into our minds that AI is marking the end of human race?
    This is the issue. The work that we humans were supposed to do have been limited over the years, thanks to artificial intelligence. Even the very basics of almost all logic are being fed into computers so that calculations and reasoning can be a non-human affair. Does this prove to be accurate always? The answer is in-fact 'No'. No machine can fully replace human intelligence, and if the development of machines lead to a better life, it would also counter effect in one way or the other once machines get that unique gift - 'to think for themselves'.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Incorrect usage of any and everything calls for a damage. Infect, even the human being itself is a biggest danger for the human race.

AI is not adding to it. I would say, that correct usage of AI is blessing to human race.

Take the example of medical science, a AI based hand, leg, Heart can give you second life. The bigger machines makes your life easy. You use it with your intelligence and that will create the employment for you, right fella?
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    You cannot raise the question of unemployment when it comes to AI. We definitely do not mean that the end of human race means "unemployment".
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Every one of us have a hard time believing the negative aspects of anything, we just try to develop something just on the basis of what all positive impact it would lead to.

We should not forget to analyze negative aspects of anything as well.

To better visualize the situation this can lead to, it makes me remember of a movie “ROBOT” in which Rajnikanth created a Robo, what actually happened then?

He gave some feelings to it, sort of AI, then the robot felt in love with his creator’s girlfriend. He even destroyed Police cars, and caused heavy damage to human life.

What I’m trying to say here is, we AI, may seem to help humans, but it can very well provide us with a negative impact, and this ‘small mistake’ would be our ‘LAST’ mistake ever.

Machines would not only cause un - employment as said by my peer, but in the worst scenario, we would all be 'slaves' of machines, we are thinking to develop high end machines, so that they can work for us, but then these machines would be highly capable of replicating themselves, even further improving themselves.

This could be an end to human race.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    Anoop Mathew
    This is the issue. The work that we humans were supposed to do have been limited over the years, thanks to artificial intelligence. Even the very basics of almost all logic are being fed into computers so that calculations and reasoning can be a non-human affair. Does this prove to be accurate always? The answer is in-fact 'No'. No machine can fully replace human intelligence, and if the development of machines lead to a better life, it would also counter effect in one way or the other once machines get that unique gift - 'to think for themselves'.
    There is no work that "Humans" are supoosed to do. It is not a guideline written anywhere.

When humans have created these machines, they have already worked their brain a lot! 😛

And the dictionary definition of Machine is "something that reduces human effort".
    So when machines are created for a specific purpose, machines are suppose dto do that job.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Anoop Mathew
    Even the very basics of almost all logic are being fed into computers so that calculations and reasoning can be a non-human affair. Does this prove to be accurate always?
    The discussion is around the "Is AI the beginning of the end of human race", seems like suddenly you have started supporting AI,

If AI is not working correctly, that human fault who has created the AI, right?
    so the possible damage would be because of human being AI will prove just like a weapon.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    Sanyam Khurana
    Every one of us have a hard time believing the negative aspects of anything, we just try to develop something just on the basis of what all positive impact it would lead to.

We should not forget to analyze negative aspects of anything as well.

To better visualize the situation this can lead to, it makes me remember of a movie “ROBOT” in which Rajnikanth created a Robo, what actually happened then?

He gave some feelings to it, sort of AI, then the robot felt in love with his creator’s girlfriend. He even destroyed Police cars, and caused heavy damage to human life.

What I’m trying to say here is, we AI, may seem to help humans, but it can very well provide us with a negative impact, and this ‘small mistake’ would be our ‘LAST’ mistake ever.

Machines would not only cause un - employment as said by my peer, but in the worst scenario, we would all be 'slaves' of machines, we are thinking to develop high end machines, so that they can work for us, but then these machines would be highly capable of replicating themselves, even further improving themselves.

This could be an end to human race.
    As per my knowledge, the "movie" scenario and "real life" scenario is way different!
    You cannot cite examples from some senseless movie into a real life discussion. 😀
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# have said it out loud. Moreover, for those who cannot imagine the kind of impact that could be laid by Artificial Intelligence left to develop, perhaps a few movies like iRobot, or Chitti could enlighten you.

#-Link-Snipped-# : Artificial Intelligence is meant to give machines the capability to think. The rest is just programmed traits given to any kind of machine to behave in whichever manner it was intended to perform in. The keynote being that the machine should not think on it's own and perform a task other than what it was meant to. There is no harm in developing such non-intelligent machines.

Artificial intelligence restriction is possible only if further studies do no create self learning machines under the name of 'research' by various universities. We could argue about it, but even poor Albert Einstein did not dream of his invention turning to a bomb.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    We're just depending ourselves more on machines.

#-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#
    Ok, can you just keep your mobile aside for just one day. Most probably 'NO' and everyone knows it.
    We call them 'Smart Phones' , giving them AI would make them smarter I guess, and considering, once you were just angry and abuse your phone, then as it is super-intelligent machine, to rebel you, it will also get angry.
    Result?
    It may just call your boss, abuse him, and say you are leaving your job , all in your own favorite voice.

Now, what would you do?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    As per my knowledge, the "movie" scenario and "real life" scenario is way different!
    You cannot cite examples from some senseless movie into a real life discussion. 😀
    Well, we are developing AI from our thinking, we created movies from them too..

A prototype is sufficient for guessing what all 'bad' impacts can happen , right?

If you wait to see the full movie, then things wouldn't be under your (human) control.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Think about your AI based driverless car being hacked, which locks you up & throws you right into Aksa beach & drowns you!
    Hack the entire system of Driverless Car & you can spread chaos. Question is, How secure our system is to implement such an advanced technology, that no hacker can penetrate it ?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    It was meant to invoke the minds of people reading this debate. Nothing more.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Sanyam Khurana
    That was an sheer entertainment.
    I can count to number of movies where AI is supporting human race, will that be enough to support the topic?

Ok, for a moment I will go with you and will stand against machine, now what? Do we want to go in early mans age, where everything was done by human and not machines?

NO, I am sure your answer will be a huge 'No' as well.

AI based, machines are bound to help human race. Sometime, It's human only, that is responsible for damaging its own race. Believe me, If not AI, human is capable of finding other way to destroy himself.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    When we talk about AI, many of you are statin gthe fact that it can lead to destruction of the society.

Why don't you think the other way.
    When a machine is made and sent to remote situations (where practically it is not possible for humans to go), it the the "Machine" that is helping the Human race learn facts, and at the same time be safe!
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    Anoop Mathew
    It was meant to invoke the minds of people reading this debate. Nothing more.
    We should invoke the minds of people with points that are worth mentioning. 😀
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Think about your AI based driverless car being hacked, which locks you up & throws you right into Aksa beach & drowns you!
    Hack the entire system of Driverless Car & you can spread chaos. Question is, How secure our system is to implement such an advanced technology, that no hacker can penetrate it ?
    Agree, I will be a gonner in that situation,

Wait! Let me go deeper into the problem, who hacked the AI based car? A human, right?

AI based systems are never designed to impact anybody.
    Let me tell you, human is capable of locking you and drowning you in a non AI based car as well.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    It all starts from a base.
    Even a safety pin was once a great machine.

Now is the era of AI and we cannot ignore this fact. There have been numerous examples to prove the benefits it has created for us all.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    If humans have the mind and capability to create a machine, they also have the mind and capability to destroy it if the same machine is creating havoc!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    The things I want to state here is, AI may seem to provide an 'easy' life, but at the same time, negative impacts cannot be neglected at any cost.

Things just can be worsened from the present life scenarios.

Considering one more example, as #-Link-Snipped-# said, one could hack the driver-less car, better than this, the car could just 'Kidnap' you?

My imagination is running wild, and I see the near future as AI based Robots & cars, asking for ransom ...

Quite possible.

Rajni Jain
    That was an sheer entertainment.
    I can count to number of movies where AI is supporting human race, will that be enough to support the topic?

Ok, for a moment I will go with you and will stand against machine, now what? Do we want to go in early mans age, where everything was done by human and not machines?

NO, I am sure your answer will be a huge 'No' as well.

AI based, machines are bound to help human race. Sometime, It's human only, that is responsible for damaging its own race. Believe me, If not AI, human is capable of finding other way to destroy himself.
    Mam, I'm not saying to go back to early ages, but my point is different.
    What I'm saying is, we should not get mesmerized just by the beauty & positivity of AI. We've to analyse the negative impacts of AI as well.
    It is equally important, and we can't deny this.

Even Stephen Hawking, the world re-knowned scientist & physicist said that, we can generate AI based machines, but if proper care is not taken, this can prove as our "LAST" mistake, and I mentioned this in my first post itself.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its a dream term that one always try to understand and use it in better way.I was introduced to term AI by a tv pprogram where a bot replies to all questions through AI.
    From then, I had watched the evolution of AI.It had penetrated to all the fields possible and made the products development and quality to the next level.I agree that it has an adverse effect on human employment and filled many posts.It make decisions faster and make products quicker but any error or malfunctioning can have a vast impact on human lives.
    Consider a safety
    of a nuclear plant was governed by AI system and if it fails or it wrongly interprets the results and take wrong decision, it would be fatal .Its just a eg.So a AI with human governance would be great
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Rajni Jain
    Agree, I will be a gonner in that situation,

Wait! Let me go deeper into the problem, who hacked the AI based car? A human, right?
    Humans are not known for their bug-free coding. There is reason why beta testers are used, and still we find bugs (for eg : openSSL Heartbleed) which are in the stage that's impossible to fix.
    Exploiting the bug, it's always fun game.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Sanyam Khurana
    We're just depending ourselves more on machines.

#-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#
    We call them 'Smart Phones' , giving them AI would make them smarter I guess, and considering, once you were just angry and abuse your phone, then as it is super-intelligent machine, to rebel you, it will also get angry.
    Result?
    It may just call your boss, abuse him, and say you are leaving your job , all in your own favorite voice.
    These things happens in fantasy world.
    We need to know what is actually AI is, probably we are dragging discussion in incorrect direction.

Per WIKI, " Artificial intelligence (AI) is the intelligence exhibited by machines or software. It is also an academic field of study. Major AI researchers and textbooks define the field as "the study and design of intelligent agents", where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chances of success"

and an Intelligent agent would never make your life tougher. Will it?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    When we talk about AI, many of you are statin gthe fact that it can lead to destruction of the society.

When a machine is made and sent to remote situations (where practically it is not possible for humans to go), it the the "Machine" that is helping the Human race learn facts, and at the same time be safe!
    I'm not neglecting the fact that they can 'help' us, but what I'm trying to imply here is, we cannot just neglect negative aspects too..

Considering your example of a safety pin, indeed it was a great invention, even everything we see around us is a great invention, but before coming into reality, human have understood both the "Positive" and "Negative" aspects of this.

Thus, we know we shouldn't hit the pin with our finger or any other body part, it can cause us harm.
    Right?

I hope you understand my point, and get it in the right sense. We've to analyze both the positive and negative impacts of anything before transforming it into reality.

Rajni Jain
    These things happens in fantasy world.
    We need to know what is actually AI is, probably we are dragging discussion in incorrect direction.

Per WIKI, " Artificial intelligence (AI) is the intelligence exhibited by machines or software. It is also an academic field of study. Major AI researchers and textbooks define the field as "the study and design of intelligent agents", where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chances of success"

and an Intelligent agent would never make your life tougher. Will it?
    Well, mam, I think my previous posts have justified this how can an 'Intelligent' agent, made to make life easier, can cause harm.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Humans are not known for their bug-free coding.
    I agree, but why to blame the AI in that situation?
    Human are allowed to do a buggy coding, and if the program would destroy something, we will held the program responsible for the damage?

How good is that?
    Apologies, I may not be able to support you on this.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    Humans are not known for their bug-free coding. There is reason why beta testers are used, and still we find bugs (for eg : openSSL Heartbleed) which are in the stage that's impossible to fix.
    I simply agree to this. Making AI based Robots need coding, which should be highly efficient, and bug-free.

The fact is we cannot simply imply that code is bug free.

One bug in the code, and the robot would become the master, it could just replicate itself, and make entire human population as 'slave'
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Since, AI is based on programming. And coding is done by humans, who don't write precise bug-free codes. I don't really trust on this AI thingy.

Today, no computer is capable of delivering AI to its most. However, tomorrow it may be possible that we might create robots which can learn from their mistakes & modify its program in its own. And, I find this shit scary.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Rajni Jain
    I agree, but why to blame the AI in that situation?
    Human are allowed to do a buggy coding, and if the program would destroy something, we will held the program responsible for the damage?

How good is that?
    Apologies, I may not be able to support you on this.
    Well, we are the ones, who coded them, even a slightest bug could do the biggest damage.
    Who would be responsible?
    The programmer who coded, the scientist who invented or the people who were just so mesmerized by concepts of AI, that they just forgot to count in the negative aspects as well.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja

That is programmed to do so! It is not given a lot of artificial intelligence to actually take off on it's own. Think about it, if it were given all the intelligence required, why would it do the job in the first place?

When you start developing a technology eg: a Television, you never intended to do it in a wrong way. It was just a black box at the corner of your room. Now that we humans have 'developed' technology so much, the simple television, has turned into something even more useful - a smart TV. Fine. That doesnt' hurt does it? But are we the ones who determine what this simple television could do if it were given artificial intelligence. A weak artificial intelligence background for any machine is acceptable. It would not create harm. But take the case where you intent to give a machine a strong sense of artificial intelligence, and the results could be preposterous. Of course, we humans don't try to avoid disasters, and we often run around for way to save ourselves at the 11th hour.

And we know for a fact that no one human is equal to the other. So, Artificial Intelligence will still be developed, and the rates of this development might not be evident in the eyes of common men like us. The negative effects start to rise once this piece of weaponry reaches the hands of a human with negative ideas.

The only way to avoid this will be to reduce the use of strong artificial intelligence in any field.

Think about it. How many people can you control, and explain this to? Even we the participants of this debate fall in various ideologies ourselves. So think about the odds of getting people of the future i.e. not 10 or 20 years, but centuries from now to grasp this idea. This would eventually turn to end to human race.

And to conclude, for any human to end his own race i.e. homo sapiens, he'd have to use some strong technological weapon - like the one's our ancestors tried to use during yesteryears (call it atom bombs, or fighter jets, or submarines, or whatever you want to call it). Let loose some artificial intelligence into some of these machines, and even he wouldn't be able to predict the results. One virus or malfunction, or God forbid artificial reasoning by the machine is enough to change the coordinates to any location on earth.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I would like to sum-up by saying that,
    "AI becomes integrated into the fabric of everyday life"
    AI is helping us in gaming, finance, technology, health care, machines, automobile, and any technology you can think of.

It has born to help human being and will always support the noble cause.

images (7)
    The above diagram will sum it up.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Thus, I conclude that it is important to understand both "Positive" and "Negative" impacts of something before transforming them into reality.

It is not at all right to get completely mesmerized by the positivity of anything, yes be it anything, that we just forget to count in the negative impacts it can lead to.

Understanding both the positive and especially the negative impacts would lead us to a better situation, where we can exactly know if the new invention is a boon or a bane for us.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    - comments made after this post will not be considered for the competition -

You may choose to discuss further! 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    However, I hope Skynet rises and take us all down! 😁
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I would like you all to see this :

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    ^^ This post just missed the mark of conclusion..to be considered in competition.

Lol
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Rajni Jain
    I am sure you must have you heard of driver less cars? Are you aware of the statistics of the safety of that?
    In Four US states (Nevada, Princeton, New Jersey and California) where driver less car is allowed no accident is registered till date for driver less car (with an exception of couple of accident that happened when car was driven by a driver). Do you still say it a curse?
    Oh well, mam, you can see it's all code. Anything can happen with machines, right?

You just can't trust machine, as you can trust humans (though I hardly even trust them too, but in general terms, I'm saying)

Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    There have been just 2 major instances since 1955 when the funding to AI was stopped, and that created great unrest for "obvious" reasons. We cannot imagine the world today without the gift of AI in any domain.

Firstly, you cannot ensure precision, because what is behind creating AI machine, is "Human". Period.
    Secondly, I think, machine are just making us DUMB.
    How?
    Well, today to do even simplest of calculations, people run towards calculator, or better yet, a Mobile phone, or should I say, a 'Smart Phone'.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    We should invoke the minds of people with points that are worth mentioning. 😀
    Name a few... ☕☕
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Sanyam Khurana
    This post just missed the mark of conclusion..to be considered in competition.

Lol
    Do you think that in movie ROBOT, or the above the end was "END OF HUMAN RACE"?

😁
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Rajni Jain

😁
    No one's proved the end of human race will be like 'so-and-so' yet, and there's no harm in avoiding this situation as expertly emphasized in these movies, is there - owing to the fact that we live in an era of great and countless scientific research, some of which are CLASSIFIED i.e. we don't have access to?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Rajni Jain

😁
    Supporting #-Link-Snipped-# , I think reality could be a little bit different from movies. We cannot say, that AI would have sure shot positive impacts, or sure shot negative impacts.

Isn't it?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Ankita Katdare
    Is artificial intelligence the beginning of the end for human race?
    Blaming machine for Human error is just not good. If AI is not there you are not here debating topic on this.
    Someone pointed out Unemployment!!😲 , Are you sure computer and AI are not generating employment. So again, don't blame on machines for your population control strategies, they have tried to fit intelligent vending machine😘.
    AI is just letting you focus on what is most important.
    I bet civilization would have blame obesity on invention of wheel.

Now, if anyone dumb enough to let machine control your. It's your problem not the machine.

PS: YOUR is termed for a HUMAN.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think it was a tough call to have a single winner from this competition. But I went through each and every point raised in this debate and now strongly feel that #-Link-Snipped-# deserves to be the winner. 👍
    Great points from #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# as well as all the participants.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please take a note.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# 👍
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    Thanks brother ! 😀
    Rajni Jain
    Thank You mam ! 😀
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# !
    Congrats Sanyam .Great points always deserves an appreciation.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# 😀
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Just received the e-gift voucher

[​IMG]
    Sanyam Khurana
    Just received the e-gift voucher

[​IMG]
    Superb .Cool
  • Navneet Das
    Navneet Das
    Emotional Intelligence, that is what AI will lack. Of the numerous movies out, it makes us realize that AI will only harm us. We humans need and believe in love , trust etc... whereas Robots can only understand probabilities , calculations.....In the end, it is we humans only who will program a robot or develop an "Artificial Intelligence Software" .

The thing is, how much can we program ?? Talking of self driving cars, will it pick up a man standing standing beside the road for a lift in the scorching sun? The answer is NO. Until and unless we humans program the car to stop and give lift to a standing person. But this again is a problem , imagine this car is driven in present day Iraq, there is a terrorist with a gun asking for lift. Humans will very well know, if they give this person lift then he/she is dead.
    But will a self driving car understand this ??
    So i conclude, that giving every power and intelligence to a robot is stupidity... and can spell a doom for human race only.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's reportedly refurbishing the user interface of Gmail-for-desktop, and Geek has shared a few screenshots of the new screen-look under testing. The interface displayed on these screenshots accommodate more white...
palani kumar submitted a new project: Anna university GPA - Windows phone app to calculate Anna university gpa and cgpa Anna university GPA​ Easy way to calculate Anna university GPA...
Spoiler: What brought to this debate? The debate is why do you need Bluetooth these days? What is the real use? As per my view: I don't use it at...
Air-Gap Malware has ability to travel through air as sound waves and thus capable of attacking every physical computer (even without an internet connection) Read more here : https://www.efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=132438
Hi Rupan...!!! I am currently studing in my second last year of BS-IT degree,so i wanna ask some projects ideas regarding field of Networking, Web Developement ??? Kindly give me...