OnePlus One In India Via Amazon - PreOrder Starts Soon!

OnePlus One, the phone I and many of the gadget enthusiasts have been waiting for is finally arriving in India. A lot of people expected it to be available exclusively via Flipkart; but OnePlus folks chose to go the Amazon way (unlike Xiaomi). The teasers for the phone have already been released and the phone is expected to launch in a week or two in India. The expected price of the phone in India is going to be about Rs. 20 - 24K (for the 64 GB version).

Potential Buyers: #-Link-Snipped-#!

There's no information on how the company is going to provide service to the phones, because that's one important thing many customers will look forward to when buying the phone. Xiaomi partnered with local service providers to service the Xiaomi phones and OnePlus is likely to go the same way.

Hardware wise - the phone's excellent; offering quite a bang for the price. The phone runs on Cyanogenmod, which is a customised version of Google's Android - and it does get updated quite frequently. So you can expect all the latest and the best features of Android; along with several improvements in Cyanogenmod.

If you are planning to buy a phone in the next month, you should wait and let Amazon India folks launch the phone. I hope there won't be any 'flash' sale or order exclusively through invites for the phone.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If this becomes a fad I do not know how many will go blind:
I am thankful for my dumb phone. Quote: The human head weighs about a dozen pounds. But as the neck bends forward and down, the weight on the cervical spine...
How is java bytecode decompiled and deobfuscated for malware analysis?
I am always a passenger except years back on my old Humber bicycle. It looks as though now I can be a passenger without a driver! https://www.theengineer.co.uk/news/the-drive-for-autonomy/1019536.article?cmpid=tenews_689874