OnePlus One 64GB Price In India < Rs. 25000. No, Thanks!

OnePlus, the Chinese 'no compromise' startup is introducing OnePlus One phone in India for a OnePlus One Phone Specs & Price Out - Is This The Ultimate Android Smartphone?. The company's recently posted a job position for OnePlus One Is Hiring In India : General Manager, Operations. My expectations was that the company would go for an aggressive pricing, somewhere in the Rs. 14,000 - Rs. 18,000 range; but anything > Rs. 20,000 would be a 'No Thanks' from me. Just a few days ago, I received an official invite from OnePlus to buy the phone; but decided not to buy.

I must say that the phone does have killer hardware and CyanogenMod (custom Android) - which is a great combo. But given the competition from Xiaomi Mi3 and upcoming 1S, Note and Mi4; I doubt the OnePlus will find similar interest. I hope the guys will ditch their Invite Only system in India.

Curious to know from those who've been following OnePlus - would you buy the phone (64GB) if priced between Rs. 20 - 25 K? If yes, why?

Replies

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    I've used Xiaomi Mi3 and the experience has been far too better as compared to Samsung Note GT-N7000 (my current). For a mobile phone gamer, Xiaomi handsets are bliss. It doesn't cut you off the game when someone calls or texts you.

I've decided that I'm no longer going to shell out over 15k on mobile handsets, and Xiaomi has brought down that bracket further lower to 6k (Redmi 1S - awesome device!)

Oppo looks good and has extremely good features. But given a choice among the current players, my next pick would most probably be a Xiaomi. microSD will look after my storage requirements.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    It cannot be priced 14 to 18k but I guess it will be priced between 18k to 25k as it has two versions i.e. 16 Gb as well as 64 Gb.
    To be frank waiting and buying this phone is really long waiting. But is it worth waiting is the question?
    No. It has cutting edge technologies and CS11 the latest version is really a killer. But the OS is not very much stable. It has many problems and the team is working hard to remove these bugs. So there is no stable OS for the phone. Even after the latest update 4.4.4 people are facing problem. So it will take time for the phone to deliver a stable OS for the phone.
    Mean while phones from Xiamoi, Asus, Oppo etc will fill up the market. Mi4, Mi3, 1s are really a game changer for the market.
    As now Mi3 is closed in India, people who are waiting for it will choose some other brand for the available cost. Either 1s or Oppo. Soon Mi4 will be launched which is more better than Oneplus. So if both the phones are launched at same time or even one earlier than the other the invite system will delay the process for Oneplus.
    Purchasing for 18 to 25 and not having a stable OS is not a very good idea for the customers. If its such high cost then the success rate may not be as much they expect.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So, some online reports are suggesting that OnePlus One 64GB variant will be sold in India via the Invite Model at Rs. 25,000.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    25k is a big no for me. Yes, the phone has killer spces, but there are a hell lot of bugs and service issues too. And invite system, really? Looks like the waiting is gonna go in vain. I guess I would prefer Mi4 over OPO in this price range. At least I wouldn't have to beg around for invites!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, and given the fact that OnePlus 2 is coming in Q3, 2015. I'm anyway past my gadget-love era.
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Just for horror, did a Google search for one plus one problems. Wow.. most of those I faced with my now fossilised LG Optimus P990 still plague android. Battery drain? check. Random reboots? check. Slow charging? check. Application crash? check.

The difference I see is more polished UI and more apps. Maybe I suggest one of my friends to wait for some actual reviews on one plus one from Indians ( not fog reviews but real , hands-on user reviews ) before she takes the plunge.
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Have any idea when Mi4 will be launched in India? I mean official confirmation. And will it follow the old Flipkart sale process like Mi3?
    Divyaprakash
    Just for horror, did a Google search for one plus one problems. Wow.. most of those I faced with my now fossilised LG Optimus P990 still plague android. Battery drain? check. Random reboots? check. Slow charging? check. Application crash? check.

The difference I see is more polished UI and more apps. Maybe I suggest one of my friends to wait for some actual reviews on one plus one from Indians ( not fog reviews but real , hands-on user reviews ) before she takes the plunge.

Ha ha. True bro! There are many problems in Oneplus one. But the software is being is getting better by very release. So the user has to make a choice now, take the frustration of the Oneplus for months and enjoy a stable version soon or buy a carp phone like LG Optimus p990 and cry for ever. Sorry to say because that was my first smartphone and I faced such hell problems with that phone, but thanks to that phone also as I learned to do rooting and did all tricks and experiments on that to learn. 😛.
    Ah I can never imagine how I survived with that phone. I started hating LG more than ever and decided never I will buy a LG phone again my life. Worst customer service and worst help.
    But on the contradict Oneplus problems are far better than these. As they are releasing version very frequently.
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Ha ha. True bro! There are many problems in Oneplus one. But the software is being is getting better by very release.
    Yes indeed. I agree with that.

So the user has to make a choice now, take the frustration of the Oneplus for months and enjoy a stable version soon or buy a carp phone like LG Optimus p990 and cry for ever. Sorry to say because that was my first smartphone and I faced such hell problems with that phone, but thanks to that phone also as I learned to do rooting and did all tricks and experiments on that to learn. 😛.
    Hey, I did not regret buying P990. Yeah, it forced me too to learn routing, shrinking custom roms and helluva lot of stuff. That was almost like military training and sleepless nights doing customizing custom made ROMs ( yeah, two times). For a year or so I could flaunt the phone saying " 8MP, dual core, 6 GB, 4 inch" etc. Fun were those days!

Ah I can never imagine how I survived with that phone. I started hating LG more than ever and decided never I will buy a LG phone again my life. Worst customer service and worst help.
    But on the contradict Oneplus problems are far better than these. As they are releasing version very frequently.
    Better problem are problems nonetheless. Since the question came from a technically challenged friend , I am trying to get rid of a chronic no-win, headache scenario. Otherwise I will end up being a 24x7 free ,unlimited Oneplus one support desk ( Shivers...!!).
  • Ankit Sahu
    Ankit Sahu
    Im using Mi3 currently & you know its 2nd on Antutu behind OPO.
    I feels its a great buy at 19000 for 16GB. 25K for 64GB is good, but I wont ship to India for now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I seriously don't know what to do with so much of power on a mobile phone.
    You mean the battery or the performance power?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Does anyone got invites for One+ ?
    Mind sharing one with me ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    Will do if I get one. I let my first one expire.
    Abhishek Rawal
    Did it start in India? Or you mean invite to be shipped other than Asia or India?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Did you guys check this video?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wegilant Net Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a start-up company founded by IIT Bombay Alumnus in the year 2011. Appvigil, an Android mobile security scanner, was created by Toshendra Kumar Sharma,...
Virginia Tech scientists have successfully illustrated a sugar 'biobattery' as a type of enzymatic fuel cell (EFC) that converts the chemical energy contained within sugar substrates (starch and glycogen) into...
which institute is better for certification cource. vector india or cdac if other then suggest. also suggest better between vlsi or embedded system
Quote: When you drop $3 million on a special-edition Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, you want everything to be perfect. That’s why, before it leaves the factory, Bugatti wraps the...
Today CEan @Sada celebrating her birthday. Wish you many Happy Returns of the Day @Sada 🎉