OnePlus 5: The Rumored Smartphone, Soon To Be Launched, Comes With 256 GB Storage, 23 MP Camera

Believing in the #NeverSettle attitude, the Chinese smartphone company OnePlus is rumored to follow an offbeat launch of its new flagship OnePlus 5 phone in the market. It is not clear why the company has suddenly chosen to go with 5 instead of 4, however, considering 4 is an unlucky number in its mother country China, the company might just settle with OnePlus 5, as the immediate successor of the OnePlus 3T: A Minor Upgrade, But Is It Worth It?. The yet to be launched phone is technically the 5th phone of the main series and will feature the following as acknowledged by numerous third party sources.

Spoiler alert! The new phone in the talks is presumed to borrow some technical features from Samsung's Galaxy S7 Edge such as the dual-edged display. Speculating over its chipset, OnePlus can go with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 or possess an 835 version if it's available. To maintain its whopping RAM heritage, it will probably sport a 6 GB RAM if not more. Powered by such an upmarket processor and RAM combo, the phone will not be satisfied without having a minimum of 256 GB internal storage.

OnePlus_3T
OnePlus 3T

Two of the third party sources reveal it to bear a 16 MP selfie snapper and a 23 MP rear camera, that gets coupled better with necessary processor-senor module. Just like the OnePlus 3T, the upcoming version might feature the "Dash Charging" technology, claimed to perform significantly better than the other fast charging technologies. When it comes to a battery, 3400 mAh might get an upgrade to 4000 mAh. Also, a USB Type-C might take a place in the body.

Famous for its minimalist metal design, some sites reveal that it might come up with a ceramic body, just like Xiaomi Mi Mix. Although network features are not revealed yet, it is very likely to support 4G VolTE. Given the nature of quick up gradation, this phone might, in fact, feature the refined OxygenOS or wait until the company is ready with an alternative. When out in the market, it will fight for its place with Samsung Galaxy S8 - Summary of leaked features, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# where the last two have been launched at MWC, 2017.

Source: tech.firstpost.com | OnePlus 5 may have dual-edge screen, 256GB of storage and a 23MP camera - GSMArena.com news

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A couple of weeks back, I saw my 8-year-old cousin heavily concentrating on a hole near the gateway to the kitchen and counting something invisible to my eyes. I approached...
While the Mobile World Congress 2017 is in full swing in Barcelona, NVIDIA is up with its next monster graphics card: the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti at the Game Developers...
Samsung Galaxy S8, the much awaited flagship device yet to be launched, has already made it to the news! This time again credit goes to the tipsters who came up...
Microsoft is gearing up for the launch of Windows 10 Creators Update which is expected to land this April across 400 million devices. The update will finally take care of...
And we think only engineers are crazy: