Once In A Lifetime 2.0 - Israel Trip - Day 1 Update

Hello CEans,

Here I am, in Israel. Arrived at the Ben Gurion Airport (Tel-Aviv) at 4:15 am and was picked up by Keren and Omry (members of the organizing team). Chris, my fellow blogger arrived few minutes later and we took the train to Haifa, about 100 kms from Tel Aviv. Since two other bloggers were yet to arrive; we decided to roam around the streets of Haifa and I took photos on the way. Check them out -

DSC02123

DSC02140

DSC02143

We've a special dinner party organized for the bloggers by the Mayor of Haifa ๐Ÿ‘ and we'll get there by 6:30pm (Israeli Time).

Do let me know what you think about the photos! I'll post more later tonight if time and Internet permits.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Photos look good. What is the monument in the third photo?

PS: Its great to have updates here.
  • graphite
    graphite
    Photos are nice and clicked very good.. Please mention the monuments.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We went back to the hotel room and purchased a universal travel adapter in the route. We had about 5 hours for sleeping but I could sleep only for 1 hour or so ๐Ÿ˜ . In the evening, Omry and Keren picked Me and Chris and we went to try out "The Phalapahal" ๐Ÿ˜€

Now trust my word folks - Phalaphal tastes awesome! ๐Ÿ‘ You should give it a try if you visit Israel.

We came back to the hotel and then got ready for the dinner planned by the organizers. We got a chance to meet all the organizers and it was an amazing experience. These students from Haifa and Technion university have done a fantastic job. I learned lot of things from all of them. Cool people to hang out with! They've decided to call me 'Big K' or 'Biggie' like all of you do; and I'm all fine with it.

The dinner was delicious and I've lot of photos to share with you from today. It's already too late in the night here and I'm going to get some sleep than updating my blog. ๐Ÿ˜€ Hope to see you soon. We'll be visiting Haifa tomorrow.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Please update the photos on your blog too. The attachments here are tiny.
    What is Phalaphal exactly prepared from?
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Waiting for more update Biggie,
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    The_Big_K
    . In the evening, Omry and Keren picked Me and Chris and we went to try out "The Phalapahal" ๐Ÿ˜€

Now trust my word folks - Phalaphal tastes awesome! ๐Ÿ‘ You should give it a try if you visit Israel.

Is it - Falafel ?? -
    From the source got an information that -
    Falafel is also often considered a national dish of Israel. Falafel is a fried ball made up with chana or Bengal gram and fava beans (??) served with pita (type of bread)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great, It sounds that I am back at the rite moment.

Read about this on FB few days ago, now reading it feeling happy.

Way to go biggie ๐Ÿ˜€ and donot forget to ask them to join CE ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow Nice Snaps Taken Biggie. Please post more photos.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The 5 bloggers that has arrived in Israel on September 11th for Once In A Lifetime 2.0 project, met with Nobel Prize winner Aharon Ciechanover for his discovery of the Ubiquitin molecule.

[video=youtube;vv2KLQjGZ_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv2KLQjGZ_0[/video]
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Frooty
    Is it - Falafel ?? -
    From the source got an information that -
    Falafel is also often considered a national dish of Israel. Falafel is a fried ball made up with chana or Bengal gram and fava beans (??) served with pita (type of bread)
    @Frooty: Yes, it's pronounced as "Filafel" in Kuwait. And it's awesome with "Khubbus" (it's the pita bread) and "Hummus"(a paste made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic).

@Biggie: Good work with the photos. Which camera do you have? You should definitely try the variety Arab food while you're there. Also try Camel meat for a change, it's highly muscular and fibrous.๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Now, How many of you folks know about Biggie's adventure in Israel? :-D
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've a LOT of photos, didn't share them here. Maybe I'll extract the best ones and post them here ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Lol, my passport is not valid for Israel.

Man, Arab food is awesome.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Ceans , Here s NDS placement papers NDS
HI friends.. i am new here.we are going to organize techfest at our college.i want some more ideas about electronics events.. pls can anyone help me???๐Ÿ˜€
Original air date 8/25/08 on Discovery Channel [video=youtube;dBdj7Lcz2Xc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBdj7Lcz2Xc[/video] [video=youtube;XCHg9Gpo7e4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCHg9Gpo7e4&feature=related[/video] [video=youtube;Rk2uO3_8Sgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk2uO3_8Sgs&feature=related[/video] [video=youtube;W6GsPgwmXYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GsPgwmXYM&feature=related[/video]
Hello , please recommend me the sites to find the research papers on Modern Power Electronics Applications and Processing .i tried to search on google but i am getting confused...
All CEans have had their experiences with best threads on CE-Forum. Let's index them here. Recall the best threads from this forum and paste a link here. It would be...