CrazyEngineers
  • Hello CEans,

Here I am, in Israel. Arrived at the Ben Gurion Airport (Tel-Aviv) at 4:15 am and was picked up by Keren and Omry (members of the organizing team). Chris, my fellow blogger arrived few minutes later and we took the train to Haifa, about 100 kms from Tel Aviv. Since two other bloggers were yet to arrive; we decided to roam around the streets of Haifa and I took photos on the way. Check them out -

DSC02123

DSC02140

DSC02143

We've a special dinner party organized for the bloggers by the Mayor of Haifa 👍 and we'll get there by 6:30pm (Israeli Time).

Do let me know what you think about the photos! I'll post more later tonight if time and Internet permits.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorSep 11, 2011

Photos look good. What is the monument in the third photo?

PS: Its great to have updates here.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • graphite

MemberSep 11, 2011

Photos are nice and clicked very good.. Please mention the monuments.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

We went back to the hotel room and purchased a universal travel adapter in the route. We had about 5 hours for sleeping but I could sleep only for 1 hour or so 😐 . In the evening, Omry and Keren picked Me and Chris and we went to try out "The Phalapahal" 😀

Now trust my word folks - Phalaphal tastes awesome! 👍 You should give it a try if you visit Israel.

We came back to the hotel and then got ready for the dinner planned by the organizers. We got a chance to meet all the organizers and it was an amazing experience. These students from Haifa and Technion university have done a fantastic job. I learned lot of things from all of them. Cool people to hang out with! They've decided to call me 'Big K' or 'Biggie' like all of you do; and I'm all fine with it.

The dinner was delicious and I've lot of photos to share with you from today. It's already too late in the night here and I'm going to get some sleep than updating my blog. 😀 Hope to see you soon. We'll be visiting Haifa tomorrow.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

Please update the photos on your blog too. The attachments here are tiny.
    What is Phalaphal exactly prepared from?
    Cancel
  • Radhika Deshpande

MemberSep 11, 2011

Waiting for more update Biggie,
    Cancel
  • Radhika Deshpande

MemberSep 11, 2011

The_Big_K
    . In the evening, Omry and Keren picked Me and Chris and we went to try out "The Phalapahal" 😀

Now trust my word folks - Phalaphal tastes awesome! 👍 You should give it a try if you visit Israel.

Is it - Falafel ?? -
    From the source got an information that -
    Falafel is also often considered a national dish of Israel. Falafel is a fried ball made up with chana or Bengal gram and fava beans (??) served with pita (type of bread)
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberSep 12, 2011

Great, It sounds that I am back at the rite moment.

Read about this on FB few days ago, now reading it feeling happy.

Way to go biggie 😀 and donot forget to ask them to join CE 😀
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberSep 12, 2011

Wow Nice Snaps Taken Biggie. Please post more photos.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorSep 12, 2011

The 5 bloggers that has arrived in Israel on September 11th for Once In A Lifetime 2.0 project, met with Nobel Prize winner Aharon Ciechanover for his discovery of the Ubiquitin molecule.

[video=youtube;vv2KLQjGZ_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv2KLQjGZ_0[/video]
    Cancel
  • Anoop Mathew

MemberSep 13, 2011

Frooty
    Is it - Falafel ?? -
    From the source got an information that -
    Falafel is also often considered a national dish of Israel. Falafel is a fried ball made up with chana or Bengal gram and fava beans (??) served with pita (type of bread)
    @Frooty: Yes, it's pronounced as "Filafel" in Kuwait. And it's awesome with "Khubbus" (it's the pita bread) and "Hummus"(a paste made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic).

@Biggie: Good work with the photos. Which camera do you have? You should definitely try the variety Arab food while you're there. Also try Camel meat for a change, it's highly muscular and fibrous.😉
    Cancel
  • Anoop Mathew

MemberJul 28, 2013

Now, How many of you folks know about Biggie's adventure in Israel? :-D
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 28, 2013

I've a LOT of photos, didn't share them here. Maybe I'll extract the best ones and post them here 😀
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJul 29, 2013

Lol, my passport is not valid for Israel.

Man, Arab food is awesome.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register