OLED TVs May Cost $8000!

Beauty comes at a price and that's definitely true for the OLED screen. I first encountered an OLED screen at a Chroma shop in Pune when I was looking at the range of mobile phones they had to offer. I stumbled upon the Samsung Wave phone and instantly fell in love with it. I loved the screen so much that I came back home quickly and began searching for the screen's specifications. Now, it looks like the SAMOLED, SAMOLED-HD screens have become a norm for most of the smartphones.

...and I admit that I often dreamed of a OLED TV! But the manufacturing costs involved and the availability of the material required to produce large OLED panels is much high; which adds a lot to the cost of the televisions. South Korea's LG electronics is set to introduce the OLED TV for a price of about $8000. If that's true, it's going to be beyond the common man's reach at least until the time someone invents a cheaper manufacturing technology.

Do you think the world is ready for the $8K OLED TV?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Beauty comes at a price and that's definitely true for the OLED screen.
    Do you think the world is ready for the $8K OLED TV?
    😲 😲 $8000!

PS: Are OLED TVs supposed to be incredibly thin?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Regular readers of CrazyEngineers' engineering and technology blog "VoiCE" may know that the famous filmmaker James Cameron successfully reached to the deepest point on the Earth : ~7 miles below...
HP continues to be one of the most popular PC brand in India. The company today launched the HP Envy 14 Spectre Ultrabook for a price of Rs. 1 lakh....
I've been hearing the 'Beats Audio' thingy quite a lot of times these days. It looks like the company promises to offer high quality sound in computers and mobiles. The...
What I understand about wind curtailment is that the wind turbine is being shut down when the wind speed/power exceeds. I am doing simulation for unit commitment problem by using...
In cars with rear wheel drive, and where the engine is located exactly above the rear axle and thus eliminating the need for a propeller shaft, how is the gearbox...