Office 2007 Settings Backup & restore

hi guys,
i'm in desperate need of "Office 2007 Settings Backup & restore" especially MS Word. Can any body help me with my issue???

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    krp31
    hi guys,
    i'm in desperate need of "Office 2007 Settings Backup & restore" especially MS Word. Can any body help me with my issue???
    What help do you need with those settings?
  • krp31
    krp31
    hi BIG_K, well i have customized the tool bar and have written few macros so wanted something like "save & restore settings" as in prior to office '07. or it would be fine even if i could backup word settings files manually.
    i used to use office xp before and it worked perfectly with all such things.
  • FrankSinatraJr
    FrankSinatraJr
    You could try 3rd party software like #-Link-Snipped-# to backup and restore those settings. They got a new version coming out soon, but costs money.

Best regards
  • sum123
    sum123
    Yea I love all those 3rd party developers trying to rip off Office users for something as simple as backing up settings. Ridiculous. It's Microsoft's fault of course. They had a backup tool in the previous version, so why didn't they include one in office 2007? We need one more than ever, especially with this ugly disgusting RIBBON interface which is a brick and takes alot of space. It takes forever to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, and now we can't even backup the settings. Where is the logic behind all this? Dumb bastards at microsoft dont care if their customers are happy with the product cuz MS is a monopoly, and people have no choice but to buy the new Office. I'm not even gonna talk about the VISTA crap...

Anyway, I figured out how to save the settings in Office 2007. It takes a few seconds and guess what... ITS FREE!

1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The Quick Access Toolbars for Excel, Word, and PowerPoint 2007 are each saved in a separate ".QAT" files (stands for Quick Access Toolbar), in the following directory

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Office

Vista:
    C:\Users\
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica](User Name)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office

The files you need are: Excel.qat, PowerPoint.qat, Word.qat, etc.

2. The options settings for the office 2007 applications are stored in the registry here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0

You can just export the whole "12.0" registry tree to a .REG file and store it somewhere. When you need to use it (after reinstall or on a different computer), just double click on the file to add to the registry.
    [/FONT]
  • krp31
    krp31
    hi sum123, well i'm very grateful 2 u for ur attempt. well as of now i've taken d necessary backups as told by u. i'll have 2 chk if ur solution works.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am currently studying Automotive Systems Engineering final year. I need a project idea for my major prjoect. I have got some ideas that I would like to do but...
Hi All, On behalf of our fellow CEan rohit330 , I am putting a question before all CEans over here: "BlackJack is a very well known gambling card game played...
Hi All, This thread will consist of only those questions whose answers are not brainy ones but very illogical. So get ready for the exercise(full of fun ๐Ÿ˜) of your...
Recently, I attended a talk by famous management guru, Dr. C.K. Pralhad. In his talk, he said, "Entrepreneurship is about innovative ideas". I personally do not agree with that statement....
Hi i am studying EIE 3rd yr...can any one tell me about final yr projects in instrumentation?give some idea..