OFDM inquiry

IF there is anyone who works on the OFDM and is interested in the Doppler effect on such a system? Let's discuss about how its performance is affected and the parameter that may evaluate it.

Replies

• elavarasan
    elavarasan
    Hi xian8512
    I have not worked in OFDM but iam intrested to know more about it.Can you post some information about this.
  • xian8512
    xian8512
    OFDM is a modulation method and key technology of 4G. And because of its advantages such as the orthogonality of subcarriers and its capability to convert the high-speed Serial data to lower-speed Parallel data,OFDM has better performance in the frequency-selective channel than traditional modulation methods. However, it losses the advantage when there is large frequency offset caused mainly by the asynchronism or the high mobility between the transmitter and receiver. The latter factor is known as the doppler effect which may undermine the orthogonality of subcarriers. So many method are being investigated to avoid such an effect.
  • elavarasan
    elavarasan
    thank you for this information

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've got stuck deriving the expression for the fast computation of the 2D discrete cosine transform. I've searched almost every text, but couldnt find it anywhere. Would someone who's done...
Hello, How to calculate the input resistance to be connected in TL431 shunt regulator. What is the maximum input voltage that can be applied? Thanks!
Hi CEsssssssssssssssssss Name: Anandhakumar G Engineering Trade: MCA Location: Coimbatore, India Occupation: Working Work Experience: 3 years Hobbies & Interests: Browsing , Playing cricket volley ball, chatting with friends ....
Sales Associate Description Working in Bestspystore Retail will be rewarding, it will be challenging, it may well be a step towards something bigger, but it is most definitely not just...
Hi...Friends. I have completed Engineering in this acadamic year in Instrumentation Technology branch ,now which is preferential- doing MTEC or any software course.Give me any suggestions.