OCZ Laptop SSD With 1TB Capacity - NAND flash controller technology

OCZ has released the 1 TB laptop SSD which is first of its kind in the industry. The SSD is based on new Indilinx Everest Controller. It has a nice new feature of 'instant on', which lessens boot times by 50% over previous OCZ SSDs.

Pricing: The new Octane SSD is priced from $1.10 to $1.30 per gigabyte, meaning a 128GB model would sell for around $166.

"Until now SSDs have been tailored for specific applications, forcing users into a product which maximizes performance for a narrow band of applications, but is significantly lacking in others," said Ryan Petersen, CEO of OCZ Technology. "The Octane Series solves this problem by providing the highest level of performance across varied workloads including mixed file sizes and mixed compressible and uncompressible data, all while nearly doubling NAND flash endurance."

Replies

• KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Cool!

The PC I'm sitting at right now has a 128GB Kingston SSD as it's only disk.
    I went to #-Link-Snipped-# for a fanless case and mini-ITX size motherboard to put together a silent system.

The squeal of your typical PC drives me crazy. I've been wishing for an absolutely silent PC for years,
    and now I have one. No liquid cooling required.

I usually install #-Link-Snipped-#, but this time I went for #-Link-Snipped-# and I'm very pleased.
    It's so nice to sit in the living room with a PC on and ready for surfing but silent!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I heard Adani Enterprises Limited visits several campuses for placements. Could someone share their placement papers and detailed recruitment procedure?
What is the recruitment procedure for Reliance Infrastructure? Does it visit campus regularly? What is the placement criteria? Please share Placement Papers if any.
What is the recruitment procedure for Jindal Steel and Power? Does it visit campus regularly? What is the placement criteria? Please share Placement Papers if any.
What is the recruitment procedure for GAIL? Does it visit campus regularly? What is the placement criteria? Please share Placement Papers if any.
Could someone tell the procedure for recovering from the panda update?