OBAMA : The Underachiever - Says India's Outlook Magazine. Justified?

Few days ago, the TIME magazine's front page carried photo of Indian Prime Minister, Man Mohan Singh with a label "The Underachiever". There were several debates about the topic in the print and the electronic media. Now, Outlook magazine's front page shows Obama with a label 'The Underachiever'.

Obama-The-Underachiever

It looks like the media is playing the game now - maybe just to boost their circulation numbers. Outlook is clearly mocking TIME.

The economic state of both the countries isn't quite good and both countries are facing several internal issues. It'd be interesting to seek the opinions of our CEans on what they think about the magazines calling the leaders as 'Underachievers', whether they are justified in doing so and if this will just be passed on as a publicity stunt.

Replies

• RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    What's the fact we should know. At least about India . India is undergoing its toughest time . Who to be held responsible? someone to be held responsible .
    .....No doubt there is a slowdown situation in the country . Almost all the Industries are facing losses in sales or comparatively lesser growth ; be it mobile industry,coal, mining ,manufacture ,almost all are having their tough times .................Reason : Coalition Government+Pending Industry boosting laws (like FDI in retail) + each day passes and bundles up more pending work+un elected PM (resulting to lesser power to him)= slowdown + decreasing faith in the country's progress + Staglation fears................... all this shows that - Indian potential is not being truly unleashed. We ought to be Developed by 2020 .........some one is responsibly - Who??? The King - the team leader - who shows no control over his team .
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    This is cheap journalism from Outlook like Rakhi Sawant 😲 ...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India is brimming with start-up ventures. And to the surprise of many, it is the women who are taking the charge and leading the way. You cannot deny the fact...
I stumbled upon something called totally useless box. Check it out and tell me what you think -
HI there this is Maxx . A java/php developer working in bangalore .
friends .....i have an interview lined up for me in two days kindly help me out with some basic electrical and electronic questions like what is a drive .its function...
I am a BE (Information Science) graduate. I want to be stronger with my programming skills.