NVIDIA Tegra 4i With Integrated LTE Unveiled

In the battle of the best mobile processors, Nvidia has announced another strong option in the line of the Tegra Processors. Their latest Tegra 4i is the first chip that comes with an integrated modem with LTE network capabilities.

The Tegra 4i houses a Quad-Core Processor which is based on ARM's Cortex A9 design. It also has a fifth core that performs low power operations and acts as a graphics processor engine with 60 cores. Also, the chip packs a LTE modem.

#-Link-Snipped-#Nvidia is now testing out the chip on a few phones and they are expected to hit the market in the fourth quarter of this year and more of them are expected by the first quarter of 2014. The company aims for the Mobile World Congress (MWC) event that would be held next week in Barcelona, with a reference design phone, which they code-named Phoenix. Looks like other mobile chip manufacturers may have some serious competition soon.

Source: Nvidia Readies Its First Chip With LTE Built In - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In our previous coverage about Ubuntu we had reported that Canonical was planning to achieve a true convergence between where the same Ubuntu code will help to deliver mobile, tablet,...
Amputees are given prosthetic limbs that help them regain their normal life but they lack one important feature, the sense of touch. In order to remove this drawback and to...
Taking a perfect snapshot is an art that requires a lot of practice and patience. There are a lot of softwares available that can help you transform an image, but...
One of the ultimate desires of a geek is to get his hands on a 3D printer but thanks to its exorbitant prices affording a 3D printer is not that...
Japan's NTT Docomo has demonstrated a new video cmpression standard, called HEVC (H.265). This new standard is supposed to be the next generation of video coding after H.264/MPEG-4 AVC which...