NVIDIA CUDA Supports Python - Programmers Jump With Joy

San Jose based NVIDIA - the leaders in GPU technology has announced the python spport of NVIDIA Cuda parallel programming model. The company expects that python programmers will quickly be able to implement the power of graphics processing that NVIDIA offers in their high performance computing and big data analytics. CUDA is a parallel programming/computing platform invented by NVIDIA that allows the programmers to send their C, C++, Fortran and now Python code directly to the GPU without needing any assembly language.

Through their press release, the company says that Python is an easy to learn and use languages that has a wide userbase of about 3 million. Python's got extensive libraries and several advance features making it useful for big data analysis.

Python-Programming-Language

The Python support of NVIDIA CUDA comes from the NumbaPro Python compiler in the Anaconda Accelerate product developed by Continuum Analytics.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Nice. I worked on CUDA using C. I wished that Python integration was available at that time, finally here it is and I am sure this is going to be fruitful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Abu Dhabi is now the home to the world's largest concentrated solar power plant on the Earth called 'Shams 1'. Shams is the Arabic word for 'Sun' - and it's...
Samsung's VP of Mobile, Lee Young Hee has broken his silence on the latest developments inside the south Korean electronics giant Samsung. Samsung's engineers are developing a smart watch, or...
i'm going to join a java course in niit nungabakkam.i want to know is it good for placement
Infosys is looking to invest about 2% of its profits in startup incubators - a move that might add more value & boost to the fledgeling startup ecosystem. Infy's Kris...
Not that I'm very impressed by what Google's done with the Chromebook, I'm curious to know when is the machine launching in India? The price is definitely going to be...