NTFS & FAT Data Transfer Speed Comparison

One of my friend told me that changing the file system of pendrive to NTFS makes data transfer faster, is it true?
Whats the difference between both???

Actually all i want is faster data transfer from pc to pendrive....

And after shifting to NTFS my 4GB empty pendrive shows 10MB memory used, why?

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Kedar Malwadkar
    One of my friend told me that changing the file system of pendrive to NTFS makes data transfer faster, is it true?
    Whats the difference between both???

Actually all i want is faster data transfer from pc to pendrive....

And after shifting to NTFS my 4GB empty pendrive shows 10MB memory used, why?
    Every pen drive has its own rated speed.. It actually depends on how much you spend to buy one.
    Yes, NTFS is faster compared to FAT as it is the new file system.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Check this out
    NTFS vs FAT vs exFAT - NTFS.com

and this

FAT32 vs NTFS - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

FAT is old file system which doesn't provide inbuilt security but works faster for low size disk . Better suitable for low configuration PC.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Don't know about the speed, but if your storage is more than 4 GB, then you must format it using NTFS otherwise you won't be able to copy a file that is greater than 4 GB in size.

However, for smaller capacities, I don't think the disk formatting will show any considerable improvement.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone. iam ashwin from hyderabad. iam currently doing computer science engineering.i am joining with you since iam very much interested in knowing latest updates in technology. my hobbies are...
guys .could anyone please post information regarding defects in windows 8 or atleast give a location to find it. i also want a comparision between extreme features of windows 7...
I am in final year of engineering. electronics branch. I'm having only 55% aggregate .I am not eligible for any campus placements. What should i do now? I am learning...
Life on life on life. This amazing electron micrograph shows a less than a millimeter crustaCEan (what else?) with a 20 micrometer diatom on it, which has a 500 nanometer...
The basics of the working of a spectrograph are neatly described in this smal article from Scientific American. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=ancient-stars-how-does-spectrograph-work