NPTEL – The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning

NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (i.e. IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science

In the first phase of the project, supplementary content for 129 web courses in engineering/science and humanities have been developed. Each course contains materials that can be covered in depth in 40 or more lecture hours. In addition, 110 courses have been developed in video format, with each course comprising of approximately 40 or more one-hour lectures. It’s a great initiative because each course also contains Power Point Presentations as well as Lecturer/Student Notes.

#-Link-Snipped-#The different Engineering Branches covered till now include:

•    Basic Courses (Semesters I & II)
•    Civil Engineering
•    Computer Science & Engineering
•    Electrical Engineering
•    Electronics & Communication Engineering
•    Mechanical Engineering
•    Ocean Engineering
•    Biotechnology
•    Mining Engineering

Lecturers across different Engineering Colleges are suggesting students to use this material to re-learn everything they teach at the College.

I went through various topics in various fields and found the lectures by the Experienced faculties to be very informative and useful.

There couldn’t be a better place to get all the necessary material for self-study.

Go Check out their website at: #-Link-Snipped-#
And their YouTube Channel at: nptelhrd - YouTube

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google has released a new version of YouTube for HTML5 compatible mobile browsers. If you have a phone that has HTML5 supporting browser, you should check out m.youtube.com. The new...
I confess, I am a Firefox fanboy. I am extremely biased towards Firefox and have been steadfastly sticking to that browser since 2002. Despite all the commotion around Chrome and...
Mozilla is getting ready for the new version of the hugely popular web browser that will be called Firefox 4 and has released the first beta version for the new...
Hard drive prices, about a year ago, had stabilized down after a period of sharp fall, due to shortage of hard drives. The depreciation in the price was very less...
All entrepreneurs have limited resources for spreading the word about their ventures, products, team etc. PR Agencies cost a lot and it is always good to have as many as...