Now you see it, now you do'nt - Vanishing Octopus & the Robot Counterpart

Many plants and animals camouflage themselves either for defence or occasionally for offence. Octopusses (Should I say octopi) do this with amazing celerity.

Researchers have built this gimmick into soft bodied robots.
The video below shows how an Octopus does it and does it much better than the robots that follow in the article below the video.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir, i am going for ppt. Please suggest me some mechanical topics with different content. And also please tell me how to start myself in ppt at first,,because this is...
So, let's not envy the Kansas folks because Google's laying the 1Gbps fiber cables there. India too is expected to get its own very high speed internet in 2013. Check...
what is difference betw'n flash memory & EEPROM ...mostly specified in atmega series microcontroller like atmega 16.
create a class medicine.provide a function displaylabel() in this class to print name and address of the company. Derive tablet,syrup and oinment classes from the medicine class.Override the display label()...
Does anyone know what's the joining date of candidates recruited in 2012 by Cognizant?