CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 16 Nov, 2014 • 2 likes
WhatsApp has decided to let people disable the double blue ticks - that let the sender know when their message was read. WhatsApp (owned by Facebook) had recently introduced a new feature in WhatsApp that caused a Tsunami of concerns among the WhatsApp addicts around the world. Popularly called 'Blue sticks of death' on the social media, the double blue ticks next to any message you sent would indicate that the receiver has read the message. People were concerned that this feature was a serious breach of their privacy.

Through a latest update (version: 2.11.444) to the messenger app, WhatsApp has made this feature optional. That is, you can opt out of this feature so that the message sender will not know whether you've read their message or deleted it. The update is yet to roll out to everyone, but expected to be made available via Play Store in near future.

Here are the steps to disable the feature: Load WhatsApp on your phone -> Head over to Settings -> Privacy -> Scroll Down till you see "Read Receipts" -> Uncheck the box in order to disable it. You're done! Go claim "I didn't receive/read your message" with a grin and no one will know.

Did those double blue ticks ever bother you? Are you happy that they're optional? Do let us know your thoughts.

Source: Malaysian Digest
@Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran • 17 Nov, 2014 • 1 like Happy about the update. thanks
3.5k views

Related Posts

@Prajakta Kelapure · Sep 16, 2014

Transistor current components (Very very Important) 1. Current conduction in N-P-N transistor is because of electrons and that in P-N-P is due to holes. The conventional flow of current is...
8.7k views

@Netradeep Dhonde · Mar 6, 2014

The South Korean giant - Samsung has today launched its latest tablet - Galaxy Note Pro (32GB) in India for a price tag of Rs 65,575. At this price point,...
8.6k views

@SP.Engr · Aug 12, 2013

Is it worth spending 6 months in CDAC and putting 79k(WiMC)+35K(accomodation) on it? Or staying at home and going to some coaching centre and preparing for GATE and IES?Which one...
11k views

@Rama Krishna Gadde · Feb 23, 2014

Im from ECE...... Placed in Tech Mahindra as Associate Software Engineer.. 😀 😀 Need any suggestions or guidelines and which courses i have to learn?
3.8k views

@Morningdot Hablu · Nov 10, 2010

I hope I am asking this in the right section. I came across the term "baseline wandering". I am unable to understand it from the books. Can someone explain what...
25.6k views