Notion Ink Adam II Price In India & Specs Leaked

Notion Ink's official website may show 'Busy Creating. Back Soon', but the Adam II specifications got leaked at the National Technology Day Awards 2013. The price of the tablet is expected to be in the Rs. 10k range while the specs do look impressive for the price point. Notion Ink's Adam (first) had failed to impress the gadget reviewers around the world and the company did earn a lot of negative PR as it failed to respond to customer complaints effectively. The company then went back in stealth mode to go back to the drawing tables and design their next machine. Let's see what Adam II packs inside -

slide

Notion Ink Adam II Tech Specs:

Processor: The Adam II will be powered by ARM Cortex A9 1.5 GHz Dual Core CPU, adding ample processing power to the machine.

Main Display: IPS 10.1", 1280x800 pixel resolution with 16:10 aspect ratio

Secondary Display: STN, 100x5x2

Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth: Specs not available yet. 1.4b HDMI, 3.5mm standard headphone jack, Micro USB 2.0 high speed OTG.

Camera: Front: 2 MP, capable of HD, Rear: 2 MP HD

Memory: 1GB, DDR3

Storage: external flash expandable up to 32 GB.

Firmware: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Battery: 6000 mAh Li-Polymer Rechargeable battery, promising about 10 hours of play time.

Adam II's brochure boasts of the secondary display, which can be used to get quick notifications for your apps & mails etc. There's a SIM card slot on the side along with other ports. The brochure also promotes two front facing speakers on the top of the screen.

Slideshow (Click On thumbnails to view in full size)

adamnotionink-adam-3notionink-adam-1
Does that make you want to buy the Adam for the price that's been leaked? The tablet itself is expected to hit the markets in June. What's your take?​

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Quite intimidating design, I like it.
    Though it is surrounded by controversy due to it's first device was inoperable after OTA update, I feel this product gonna win hearts of many people.

The Technical specifications are very good considering it's price.
    Oh wait! There's secondary display + HDMI 1.4b ? That's cute.

I'll still wait for the reviews after its launch.
    If the product will me keep interested after it's being released, then this gadget goes in top priority of my wishlist 😀
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    USB 2.0 , 1 GB DDR3 , and a 2 MP camera may be the features that may lower the selling point of the device , HDMI port, Display may be a buying point.
    In India , though everything depends on price Rs. 12,000.00 rather than Quality of devices and performance

The price ensures it has robust sales in India 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The failure of Adam and the overall customer service debacle might just prove costlier here. NotionInk must realise that just impressing the customers with software and hardware isn't enough - you've to back your product with equally good customer care - whenever they require it.

I'm not sure about the quality of the product they can deliver for Rs. 12,000. Electronics manufacturing is way cheaper than we think and I'm looking forward to pleasant surprises from NotionInk. The price point is very attractive though, I must admit.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Yes the price point is too attractive to ignore ,if it manages to get good critics for the device on performance , it will sell despite of bad customer service it has delivered earlier.

Micromax is a case NotionInk can take a leaf from, though its customer service is poor the quality it delivered through the A116 HD made their sales robust.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update:
    Reports have surfaced saying that rumoured price of Adam II for INR 10,000 was wrong. The price haven't been revealed by Notion Ink yet. But it is confirmed that it will not cost mere 10,000 INR.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update:
    Reports have surfaced saying that rumoured price of Adam II for INR 10,000 was wrong. The price haven't been revealed by Notion Ink yet. But it is confirmed that it will not cost mere 10,000 INR.
    The company seems to be taking forever to launch their products and it's being rubbed off from memories. The company ones looked like an 'Indian Answer' to the global tablet markets out there; but since then several things have gone wrong. I hope they make a good come back. I just don't want to see another china-imported tablet being sold under Indian brand name.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​Rolls Royce PLC has announced that they'll back the ambitious 1000 mph Bloodhound Super Sonic Car (SSC) project. The Bloodhound SSC will be powered by the Rolls Royce EJ200 jet...
The topic for CE Weekend Debate/Discussion #3 was quite interesting - Are engineers destroying our planet or building a better one? The points raised during the debate were interesting. We...
Can someone please explain me the concept of message passing in java with an example?What does object invoking methods on other object means?
Google Smartwatch is coming and if the recent leaks are to be believed, it'll be unveiled before Apple talks about their iWatch. After a lot of nonsense in the tech...
You sure have heard about the Li-Ion batteries (your smartphone might just have one) but have you heard about the Lithium-Air battery? The Li-Air battery stores 4x as much energy...