Nokia Solar Charging Phones Not Coming Anytime Soon

Nokia blog recently mentioned that they have evaluated the solar charging technology in mobile phones and found that the technology is not yet viable. Lokki - the solar powered phone prototype has been under testing for over 4 months in Nokia test labs. Nokia tested the phone in different climatic conditions, but found that the technology is not suitable for different geographies.

I still think Solar Charging is a way to the future. Do you think solar charging can work?

Replies

• sisir47
    sisir47
    I read that nokia will not be manufacturing them at all....
    here's the #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sisir47
    I read that nokia will not be manufacturing them at all....
    here's the #-Link-Snipped-#.
    That's true. But someone has to find out a way.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Praudyogikii 12 is a Technical Festival organized by Chitkara University, Chandigarh. It is their third annual technical festival. The fest focuses on imparting technical understanding and expert knowledge to offer...
ESTRELLE is a Technical Symposium organized by Prince Shri Venkateshwara Padmavathy Engineering College, Chennai. It is an inter-collegiate symposium ESTRELLE '12, brought to every engineering-to-be by the department of Electrical...
MapmyIndia will launch its navigation device that you can use in your car. The launch is expected at Delhi Auto Expo. The device runs on Android and features 3D Navigation...
Ford motor company has decided to launch its much awaited 1.0 liter Ecoboost engine at Delhi auto show. It will be featured in EcoSport- One of the most affordable SUV...
Azure 2012 is a 3 day Techno Cultural and Management Fest organized by Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kottayam. Azure is one of the biggest techno cultural fest in Kerala,...